CoinPeople.com

kuhli's collection

SlavicScott

The Bosnian flood, part II.

P#16a, 17a, 17b. (the 17b is interesting in that the base note is a "ZE" replacement note, which carries a spiral design watermark, while the 17a of the original printing, has no watermark)

900759A.jpg

900760A.jpg

900762A.jpg

P#34a & 34b. Similar overprints, but different date o/p on reverse, and signature added on the second type.

900763A.jpg

900763B.jpg

900764A.jpg

900764B.jpg

Finally, a couple more "bon" (coupon) issues.

First one is from KPD-Zenica. (Kazneno Popravni Dom, or KPD, translates literally as "Criminal Rehabilitation House." Simply, this is prison scrip)

900765A.jpg

And the last one is from JU (Jugoslavia University) Sarajevo Student Center, a coupon taken from a booklet (left side is perforated similar to a stamp). This is for a studentski ručak, or a voucher for a student lunch.

900766A.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a few additions in the past week or so.

First off is a Bosnian note:

Pick #8g

901019A.jpg

901019B.jpg

And then comes a group of Croatian "printers' proofs", adding to 5 & 20 kuna I already have. (note: each of the following notes are uni-face. These are "trial runs" to make sure the dies are aligned properly, and that all design work will appear as it is meant to. These were made available in full sheets, and are often cut up and sold as individual pieces, which will account for variances in size, border gutters, etc., and the appearance of pairs, blocks of 4, etc.)

901013A.jpg

901014A.jpg

901015A.jpg

901016A.jpg

901017A.jpg

901018A.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

stumbled upon this little jewel on eBay last week, just had to have it. quite attractive, in my opinion. it is a shame that the real currency couldn't hold such beauty.

901361A.jpg

901361B.jpg

"souvenir" note

jedna trsatika (1 tarsatica) ancient Roman name for the fortress that was the foundation of the settlement that grew into the modern city of Trsat, which is part of the greater metropolitan area of Rijeka, also known by it's Italian name, Fiume.

note is dated 1991, the year of Croatia's secession from the Yugoslav Federation. At this time, the official currency was the Croatian dinar (as opposed to the former currency, the Yugoslavian dinar).

quite attractive, in my opinion. 

That's not an opinion, it's a cold hard FACT! I love attractive, colorful, and "playful" notes like that.

That note is worthy of being framed and hung on my walls :ninja:

First off, let me show these that came in the other day. I discussed these, and showed some size comparisons with the Euro coins that they resemble, over in the banknote forum, but I didn't show the full set here.

This is the new 2006 Azerbaijan set: 1,3,5,10,20 & 50 qapik.

911870.jpg

911871.jpg

911872.jpg

911873.jpg

911874.jpg

911875.jpg

And today's additions:

These fill the holes I have in my binder for Kazakhstan.

911991.jpg

911992.jpg

911994.jpg

And the Belgian dealer I bought them from also had these, which I didn't even know there were any issues for this date. I would love to know if these are in Krause, yet, and if there were other values issued in 2004?? (10,20,50 tenge??)

911993.jpg

911995.jpg

Now, unless there are some of the higher denominations for 2004, the only standard issues that I am missing is the new 2005 2 tenge piece, which I will probably pick up real soon, just to get it out of the way.

• 4 weeks later...

First of today's packages includes the 2 following tokens. I was lucky to pick these up on eBay from a :ninja: Chinese :lol: seller, for a measly 99c.

912633.jpg

this token is Ljubljana, Slovenia. (Viator is Latin for traveller). The reverse design is an artistic rendition of the Dragon (Jubilee) Bridge across the Ljubljanica River, which was re-built in 1900 as the first asphalt paved bridge in the region.

912632.jpg

this token is from Rijeka, Croatia. obverse shows an electric streetcar with the date 1899 and GRADSKI PROMET (municpal transportation), in recognition of the first electric line built in the city in 1899. reverse has AUTOTROLEJ, the year 1947, and the city RIJEKA, in recognition of the first bus (aka automatic trolley) put in service in 1947.

I am still looking for more information on these pieces, but there is little available on-line.

Second package is also some eBay bargains. These notes often sell for anywhere from $5-10, and occasionally higher, but somehow I managed to grab these for only 99c each from a reputable British dealer that I have bought from before (bidkid9).

901599A.jpg

901600A.jpg

901601A.jpg

There are 4 denominations in this series (10k,25k,50k,100k). Each denomination has zeroes in both green and red. And each denomination, in each color, comes in 2 dates (15.10.1993-short zeroes and 24.12.1993-tall zeroes). This makes a complete set of 16 pieces, of which I now have 3. Now that I have started, I guess I will start looking for more to add.

(today's other packages were stamps, which I doubt you guys want to see.)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived