CoinPeople.com

Just got a new lens

drwstr123

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

bigd349. Hi. Been busy and haven't had time to play. I didn't post the pic as a end all but wanted to show a progression as I get familiar with dSLR.

IMGP1910_edited.jpg

The first is total manual, the second is set to macro with flash assist set to tungsten light. Love to kick it around when you get the chance. Next I want a pic in daylight. Show your pics. Mike

Thanks Stu and Mike. I've found it's not the camera but the experience that can make the pic. If only people would perservere. I've lowered tha MP and went to full manual in afternoon clouds and sun.

IMGP1956_edited.jpg

Still have work to do on the color. Thanks for the the time you take to reply. Mike

The silver doesn't seem as tricky as copper. What do you-all think?

Silver is defintely easier than copper

Thanks, it's just a work in progress. I dropped from 6.1 MP to 1.5 and made a world of difference. Some times alot is too much. Can't just read the manual. Unless I have relavance it's all jibberish kind of like "PCGS SPEAK" (another story). As to the SLQ, bought it a year ago next week on ebay. Advertised as a MS63FH. Knew it wasn't Unc. but it is a full head. Sent to PCI and it came back as AU58, which I agree. Just glad it didn't come back "cleaned". Mike

IMGP1955_edited.jpg

I definantly need to update/upgrade my camera. But wondering do you use a stand? My shots are alll over the place.

If you use the macro feature of a digital camera, it would definitely be worth getting a tripod or some other kind of stand. I have tried free-hand, and for ever 10 pics I take, only 1 or 2 are in clear focus. So thus far I have improvised and used a bunch of sofa pillows to provide support for my hands when I take the picture. Now I am at around 1 out of 5. :lol: I really need to get a tripod. :ninja:

Hi, just read your posts, I'll help out in any way I can. First, you'd be surprised at the pics an inexpensive camera can take. I started out with one of the first little Casios that a friend gave me. Maybe because it was an early digital, it was very easy to switch to macro. Great pics for what today is considered a toy. Turn off your flash if possible and then play with the white balance. (daylight, tungsten, flourescent, etc.) This alone should occupy some time. For slow speed, high f stop pics a tripod is necessary. I get my equipment from amvona.com. I go to their website to check the offerings then hit ebay and bid their auctions, I won't even tell you what I paid for the tripod, you wouldn't believe it. Before I dribble on. I'll wait for your response. Mike

Hi Mark, there's a great amount of info in ebay community on photography by CameraJim. Lots of relevant aspects.

Thanks. Got confused at first and started searching here. (Doh) Found his guides over at ebay.

Archived