CoinPeople.com

Places on Coins

jlueke

Mostly, I am waiting for the world's Mintmasters to commemorate the places I have been, rather than my going to the places they think of. 

:ninja:

Mais c'est une pièce française, hein?

:ninja:

Christian

Oui c'est vrai. But it still fits the original posters question "Anyone have any coins featuring castles, buildings, bridges, or other landmarks that they have actually visited?"

I've also been to L'Arc du Triomphe, Parthenon, Alhambra (other coins in the same series) ;)

Have not seen the Parthenon yet, but the Alhambra coin is great as well. (Well, the Lions Court is gorgeous ...). From the monuments in that series I have been to Big Ben, the Arc de Triomphe, Rock of Cashel, and probably a few others. But I find the side with the face value to be a little boring, so I got very few pieces (actually two) only. :ninja:

Christian

Have not seen the Parthenon yet, but the Alhambra coin is great as well. (Well, the Lions Court is gorgeous ...). From the monuments in that series I have been to Big Ben, the Arc de Triomphe, Rock of Cashel, and probably a few others. But I find the side with the face value to be a little boring, so I got very few pieces (actually two) only. :ninja:

Christian

I've never been to the Rock of Cashel, nor have I been to numerous other locations in that series. I have however seen Wenzel's Wall first hand. I also visited the `Tour de Belem' in Lisbon when I was twelve years old (during a school trip) . my memories of it are a bit vague to non existent. I also managed to see St. Mark's in Venice about fifteen years ago, but only from the outside. There may very well be a lot of culture and art in Venice but it's not a place that would be top of my list to return to.

I agree with your findings concerning the common reverse (at least I call it that for simplicities sake). It is rather uninspired, dull and boring, but the obverses usually make up for that. The one for the Channel Tunnel is of course the exception that proves the rule. ;)

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Archived