CoinPeople.com

Karl Goetz Medals

Wow !!! ;)

Incredible collection :ninja:

And ... Welcome to CoinPeople ;)

Very nice!! Beautiful pieces!

Could you explain this one: K 135(a)? How did that effect on the reverse come about?

Hello Sir Sisu, Yes. of course.

K-135(a) is a variety of Goetz' cast piece 'Austrian and German Alliance' This piece, K-135(a), has a different reverse and was proof struck on bronze planchets. Goetz incorporated a rectangular proof field into the design of the reverse. My photography leaves a lot to be desired but it shows this field reflecting source light. Additionally, the piece is beautifully toned. Yes, bronze can tone, and you can see a little of the same thing on the obverse fields too. All devices are frosty as you would expect from a silver proof coin.

This piece is very rare and has always been falsely attributed to C. Drentwett/Augsburg as evidenced in Zetzmann #3015. The obverse of this medal was muled and used on at least three other medals too.

K%20135(a).jpg

Thanks...there are certainly some familiar faces here.  I hope to avoid the slabbing and grading frenzy that took over the other forum and get back to good history and imaging.

Not too much slabbing and grading frenzy here. :ninja: And, as you can tell, gorgeous medals like yours are well admired. Like Anton, I have been to your site before. Those medals are amazing and your pictures really bring them out!

Welcome to CoinPeople, btw.

Thanks Stujoe...I see many improvements here from the 'other place' and look forward to hanging my hat here for awhile. :ninja:

I just had several shipments, totaling 25 new medals, arrive in the past several days. After cataloging and imaging I'll make sure the info gets posted here FIRST. Thanks!

Archived