Tiffibunny

Do you collect themes?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you collect themes?

• Absolutely
    • Themes are lame.
    • I may consider it.
    • Bah! Who cares.

Just curious if anyone collects themes. I collect coins with Medieval looking people on them, on banknotes I collect ugly or "strange" looking people on them, I also like bridges.

And you? If you do, maybe show some.

Coins of the 1780s depicting monarchs in full wig regalia. So far i've got Austria and France represented.

I also collect coins with medieval looking people on them... ;)

:ninja: But mine aren't actually from that period.

The only real theme I've ever come up with is nudes :-)

Stand alone it probably isn't cohesive enough but it's easy to tie into otehr set ideas. :ninja:

A theme that was bantered around RCC a few month's back... the Buffalo Herd:

1913-1938 Buffalo nickel,

1991 Mt Rushmore half,

1999 Yellowstone dollar,

2001 Buffalo dollar,

2005 Bison nickel,

2005 Kansas quarter

South Dakota was in the running but lost to Mt Rushmore and a ringed-neck pheasant. AFAIK, Montana is still in the running.

Jerry

1991 Mt Rushmore half,

1999 Yellowstone dollar,

2001 Buffalo dollar,

2005 Bison nickel,

2005 Kansas quarter

South Dakota was in the running but lost to Mt Rushmore and a ringed-neck pheasant.  AFAIK, Montana is still in the running.

Jerry

I like that. :ninja:

1991 Mt Rushmore half,

1999 Yellowstone dollar,

2001 Buffalo dollar,

2005 Bison nickel,

2005 Kansas quarter

South Dakota was in the running but lost to Mt Rushmore and a ringed-neck pheasant.  AFAIK, Montana is still in the running.

Jerry

You could expand it to a Bovine theme and include the commem with the steer skull.

JDen1952 North Dakota will have two buffalo on their statehood quarter next year unless something drastic happens. I to collect the buffalo and have your list plus a medal and currently looking at foreign buffalos. Nice subject! Did you know there, unless something changes, will be 4 gold buffalo's next year in pure gold. I believe it will give the mint another year to come up with new designs so the first year of the pure gold bullion coins will be replicas of the original buffalo nickel in 1/10 ounce, 1/4 ounce, 1/2 ounce and a full ounce. Start saving your pennies as 2006 is not that far away and believe me, when these go on sale, they WILL BE HOT! :ninja:

I think it is quite a good looking coin. I can't find a picture of mine but here is Pilgrim's which is what got me looking for one:

1wb2.jpg

Mine, and I imagine his too, is untoned and looks almost perfect. IIRC, it was not an expensive coin when I bought it. Probably $5 or so.

Archived