CoinPeople.com

I Have An Addiction

Thee_Immortal_One

OK, Here is the deal...

I can not help myself when it comes to the 5 kopecks of the 18th century. I am also lead astray by polushkas and dengas of the 18th century. I see some and I have to buy one. I am not alone (I think).

So, what is your weakness. I mean, what do you have "too much" of in your collection. So much of, that you have to keep telling your self that this is the last one.

Lay your addiction bare.

I just bought a 5K KM and a 5K EM and a 1741 denga. Sure I can make a case for two of the purchases but how many 5K EMs can a man collect before it hurts his back to carry them.

I blame society (and the frak'in cylons).

:ninja:

I confess to the same addiction. Maybe our parents gave us the gene. I crave 2 and 5 kopeks from 1757 to 1796. I have a secret love for OVERSTRIKES. There I've said it. Maybe a 12 step program will help. I hope not. I never want to be cured. If you want to form a support group, I would join. Oh .. we already have one .. it's called The Russian coin forum. Seriously, we could do much worse. mikey

I cant say I have too much of anythimg. I would get twice as many as I have, of anything that I have, should a chance present itself. I do have a lot of 1797 - 1798 polushkas and dengas, but they are all differen varieties...

OK, Here is the deal...

I can not help myself when it comes to the 5 kopecks of the 18th century. I am also lead astray by polushkas and dengas of the 18th century. I see some and I have to buy one. I am not alone (I think).

So, what is your weakness. I mean, what do you have "too much" of in your collection. So much of, that you have to keep telling your self that this is the last one.

Lay your addiction bare.

I just bought a 5K KM and a 5K EM and a 1741 denga. Sure I can make a case for two of the purchases but how many 5K EMs can a man collect before it hurts his back to carry them.

I blame society (and the frak'in cylons).

:ninja:

passion sounds more positive then addiction...

passion brings and keep you collecting...

passion indicates that you are active collector...

because of passion - you cannot leave it along even if you have same roll of it home...

this is my opinion that Ivan Ivanovich Tolstoi lost his passion in collecting russian coins

and sold it at Adolph Hess auction back to 1913...

passion sounds more positive then addiction...

passion brings and keep you collecting...

passion indicates that you are active collector...

because of passion - you cannot leave it along even if you have same roll of it home...

this is my opinion that Ivan Ivanovich Tolstoi lost his passion in collecting russian coins

and sold it at Adolph Hess auction back to 1913...

With me it's more like an addiction. Sigi

lesantiquairessj2.jpg

By sigistenz

Archived