CoinPeople.com

Please help with an odd request :)

Kristofer

Okay, I need your assistance with a little project I'm doing. I'll reveal it once I'm done. I need all of your wonderful CoinPeoplers to dust off your redbooks and let me know what the values are for a 1916 P Mercury Dime in MS-63. I'm trying to get a range of values over a number of years. I thank you all in advance for your help :ninja:.

Okay, I need your assistance with a little project I'm doing. I'll reveal it once I'm done. I need all of your wonderful CoinPeoplers to dust off your redbooks and let me know what the values are for a 1916 P Mercury Dime in MS-63. I'm trying to get a range of values over a number of years. I thank you all in advance for your help ;).

Well, I'm mortified that I couldn't find my 2005 red book ... the thought of possibly having thrown it away will haunt me until I find it! ;) However, the 2005 BLUE book lists this issue at $22.

2008 red book: 1916-P Mercs were listed at $45 in MS-63.

Would you like to have blue book figures for 1966 and 1971? Unfortunately, you won't find MS-63 in there ... :ninja:

Well, I'm mortified that I couldn't find my 2005 red book ... the thought of possibly having thrown it away will haunt me until I find it! ;) However, the 2005 BLUE book lists this issue at $22.

2008 red book: 1916-P Mercs were listed at $45 in MS-63.

Would you like to have blue book figures for 1966 and 1971? Unfortunately, you won't find MS-63 in there ... :ninja:

Yeah, that would be great, the more data the better! I'll do any averaging that is necessary. Thanks a ton!

2006 is $45

2007 is $45

2009 is $45

Thank you for the information sir. That seems pretty consistent, lol.

2002 - $45

1987 $37.50

The rest that I have were already mentioned.

Great, thank you very much!

1916 - 10¢

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :ninja:

A well respected answer ;)

1982 - $30.00 (MS60)

1978 - $30.00 (UNC)

1965 - $6.50 (UNC)

1960 - $2.75 (UNC)

Thank you very much for your help! :ninja:

Note the following: Way, way back there was not such thing as MS so here is for UNC

In 1946 when the first Red Book came out, 1947 issue, the price was $1.50

Oddly enough by the 8th Edition it dropped to $1.25.

However, by the 12th Edition the price went back to $2.00

This contradicts what I always tell people that the prices of coins has always gone up or stayed the same.

Note the following: Way, way back there was not such thing as MS so here is for UNC

In 1946 when the first Red Book came out, 1947 issue, the price was $1.50

Oddly enough by the 8th Edition it dropped to $1.25.

However, by the 12th Edition the price went back to $2.00

This contradicts what I always tell people that the prices of coins has always gone up or stayed the same.

Hmm, I wonder if that had anything to do with the aftermath of WWII? Might be kind of a stretch because that is a pretty long time after. Just fun to speculate at what might've caused things to happen. Thank you very much for the information sir.

Hmm, I wonder if that had anything to do with the aftermath of WWII? Might be kind of a stretch because that is a pretty long time after. Just fun to speculate at what might've caused things to happen. Thank you very much for the information sir.

There was a period of actual deflation after WWII as the USA paid down its huge war debt. Novel idea, the government actually paying down debt.

1990 ms63 $60

2004 ms63 $45

Thank you sir, this will be helpful. I'm highly surprised by that drop in value!!

Since I have all the Red Books from the first to present, I probably should have just listed all the prices from the first one to present. However, I'm a little lazy. I grabbed the 1, 8 and 12 before but should have grabbed the first 20 I guess. Just to lazy.

This is good idea though. One of these days, after the football playoffs, maybe I'll do something like that for several coins.

Since I have all the Red Books from the first to present, I probably should have just listed all the prices from the first one to present. However, I'm a little lazy. I grabbed the 1, 8 and 12 before but should have grabbed the first 20 I guess. Just to lazy.

This is good idea though. One of these days, after the football playoffs, maybe I'll do something like that for several coins.

Well I appreciate any data that's provided! Thank you very much!

1977 Red Book - $110.00 UNC

WOW! That's unbelievable! Looks like this coin and Stocks are one in the same, lol!

• 2 weeks later...

It's a little late, but from my older library I provide:

1960 (12th ed.) - $ 2.25 Unc.

1962 (15th ed.) - $ 3.50 Unc.

1963 (16th ed.) - $ 4.00 Unc.

1967 (20th ed.) - $ 7.50 Unc.

1977 (30th ed.) - $30.00 Unc.

1981 (34th ed.) - $30.00 MS-60

1983 (36th ed.) - $32.00 MS-60

Hope it helps (you did say 1916 from Philadelphia?).

Jerry

Archived