CoinPeople.com

proof hole in a business strike album

ovrundr

Why would Dansco put an 1895 Proof hole in the middle of a business strike album? They know that this one coin is almost impossible to get. It's a conspiracy I think. Why else would it be here. Just to stop us from completing the album, that's why. None of the other proofs are there. So what the deal.

Just thinking out loud.

:ninja:

Guest Stujoe

Gotta be talking about Morgans, I imagine. I certainly wouldn't include it but I am only interested in business strikes for my US collections. I am kind of fanatical that way. :ninja:

But, is it really a Business Strike album or is it rather a Date and Mint mark album? I really don't know because, what you are talking about, is why I don't buy pre-marked albums...I like to set the rules for my own sets and I hate holes. ;)

Sorry you are right, I'm talking about the Morgan. I guess if ya think bout it as a date and mint mark album, it would make sense to put the '95 there. Guess I'll always have at least one hole in my Morgan album. Can't win em all.

:ninja:

Maybe it makes a little more sense than Whitman putting a token hole in a US half cent album. At least with the Dansco Morgan book, it works because the '95 plain was a proof only issue. In the half cent run, 1837 was just the first year of a three year suspension for mint production of the half cent. The redbook also lists the token for 1837 with no listing for 1838&39.

Archived