CoinPeople.com

Freaking out a little...

TreasureGirl

So...

Where are the best places to acquire gold and silver? I imagine that I could go buy a crapton of junk silver from the local dealer but I'd like some gold as well, should I buy it from the U.S. mint or from eBay or from dealers, etc?

Thanks all,

TG

So...

Where are the best places to acquire gold and silver? I imagine that I could go buy a crapton of junk silver from the local dealer but I'd like some gold as well, should I buy it from the U.S. mint or from eBay or from dealers, etc?

Thanks all,

TG

I like to buy pm from private people because they aren't usually as up and up on it's true value. I also try to not buy from the mint because I prefer them not knowing who has gold and silver, especially after 1933 and I think 1967

and $600 was high early last year.......i doubt if its gonna come down very much any time soon...

My concern exactly... but how can we know?

gold is very high...I wouldnt buy it now.

Not really. Gold is going to continue a roller coaster ride on the upside for a while. But I would rather play my money on the currency exchange. It's a more challenging short term investment. :ninja:

One share equals a tenth ounce? OK, so I bought a tenth ounce AGE coin less than a year ago from the Franklin mint for $65. Today at a coin show they were asking $95 for 1/10 oz. AGE coins.

There's $30 profit. Can the ETF do that?

One share equals a tenth ounce? OK, so I bought a tenth ounce AGE coin less than a year ago from the Franklin mint for $65. Today at a coin show they were asking $95 for 1/10 oz. AGE coins.

Gold is gold is gold... Doesn't matter if it's in cyberspace numbers or gold in your hand. Also, it's not really a $30 profit, since those dealers selling for $95 will probably be buying for around $85...

Gold is gold is gold... Doesn't matter if it's in cyberspace numbers or gold in your hand. Also, it's not really a $30 profit, since those dealers selling for $95 will probably be buying for around $85...

Not to mention the deflated dollar needs to be calculated into that. That's a good part of the reason gold has gotten so high in price so quickly.

Yes. At the time you bought your 1/10th oz ASE the price of gold was probably about $580 an oz. and the price of a share of the EFT would be $58. The selling price now for that share would be $88. $30 profit.

Archived