CoinPeople.com

Money Show of the Southwest - Houston

Mark Stilson

Well if things had gone like they should have this summer, I would be living back in East by Gawd Texas, but now maybe next summer. I lived there until 1997. And Houston Numismatic on Times Blvd was thee bomb back then. Lots of Saturdays and dollars were burned there.

Okay 11am food court. I am guessing I will be the only one in Air Force dress blues, as I have reserve duty as soon as I leave. I might wear my leather jacket over but I will be hard to miss I think.

Looking forward to it.

Ciao,

AWACS aka Tony

Just got back from the Coin show and meet a charming young lady ElleKitty and our dashing Capt-AWACS. Real nice meeting both. Wish I would have had a little more time there to chat, but I was time challenged.

Ended up with about a hundred still in pocket when leaving. Probably if I would have had more time that would have gone also. But it did not seem the coins were there. (At least none that stuck out. ) Picked up a baggy MS 1882 S morgan with crescent toning on the reverse. (Bargain bin stuff.) I already have the year and mint but I liked the toning. Picked up a low grade 1898 S morgan but I was missing that one from my set. And the last purchase just to catch up on my mint and proof sets for this year, a clad proof set, silver proof set, and a mint set. Pics will follow later today.

Missed Edix. May try to get back just long enough tomorrow to see his presentation. (Got the grandkids over so I'm not real sure on that though.)

IT was great meeting ElleKitty and Mark! Again sorry I was late. I blame IH-10 :ninja:

Thanks Mark, though I don't feel dashing, to much German beer has made me fat!!! Thankfully flight suits have velcro ;)

I hope to catch you guys again for more time to chat. I could really learn stuff from you guys.

Glad you left with a little cash! I got some biz cards from some currency dealers, but thankfully none took credit cards that day and saved me from bankruptcy...

See guys next time, and thanks for organising Mark.

Ciao,

AWACS, aka Tony

Archived