CoinPeople.com

Ebay changes

Mark Stilson

Yep, and if you do a search in a specific category (like coins) it returns all kinds of stuff including currency. It's a real pain in the neck now.

What really ticked me off was when I was looking for a Japanese coin and after sorting through all the junk results it never had one coin in it. talk bout wasting your time.

Had to bring this in. Just looked at a slabbed morgan. They did not have the grade in the description so I guess its legal to the new rules. But open the page and its a MS67 and the claim to fame the grading company has. "XXX Grading NEVER dips or cleans their coins preserving the ORIGINAL finish." (XXX'ed out the name of the company.) Boy that gives me all kinds of confidence. Especially since the coin would not grade any more then an AU at best. And thats not even deducting for the scratch from the rim to the middle of the cheek. (Body Bag)

I was gonna post about this the other day but I didn't know how long ago the changes took place and didn't want to look like a moron.

Yeah, they stink. I don't know how to get from one place or the other without being extremely specific and that means losing out on the cheaper, more vague titled stuff. I guess I just need to take the time to figure it out but I really don't want to.

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page you can get the older style index page that we are all used to. I started noticing the beta pages last week and felt the same way, but I reset the index on the bottom of the page so now I see the old style again.

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page you can get the older style index page that we are all used to. I started noticing the beta pages last week and felt the same way, but I reset the index on the bottom of the page so now I see the old style again.

Thanks. You're a gotdang genius. ;-)

Boy talk about terrible. I'm glad I have searches already saved. Just tried drilling down from the home page to morgans and that is terrible how they do it now.

I have noted how difficult is your own US ebay.com to find stuff - on ebay.co.uk I can scan the lists, from first page to as far as I have time for... I just find lots of bargains or potential ones but on your diabolical site I am completely lost

I don't know, maybe some of you have got the hang of it, it just looks a colossus of confusion with far too many listings - I think just to get off the shocased lots you have to go through about 40-50 pages usually? like...woah!! I don't know where to go there...it doesn't improve much when fosussing in a bit either, as you say the Morgans pages are far to deep in any case...

Yes it seems eBay.com (not eBay.co.uk) has a new format (trial) for searching for coins.

Coins used to be grouped into denominations and then into types. Now they are broken down into dates.

If like me you don't like this new format scroll to the bottom of your search where you can click to "opt out" of the new format.

I opted out as and it seems to be working (for now). In my opinion the new format makes searching for coins a bit of a nightmare, but apparently its just a trial (hopefully won't become standard).

I wrote to eBay customer services to voice my concern (maybe if enough people do they might take note).

Here's their answer:

"

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to does not like our new search

format.

I am sorry that you aren't pleased with eBay's recent changes to our

search results. Enhanced search results was designed using input from

our members. The new design displays seller information in your search

results, allows you to quickly view pertinent information about each

item. You can also instantly add items to your Watch list.

Please be aware that this is a test of our new design. A small

percentage of randomly-selected buyers will see the new design when they

view all search and browse results pages, along with Sellers Other Items

pages. In a few weeks, selected users will also see the new

functionality and design in item lists within an eBay Store.

I hope as you become more familiar with our enhanced search results

you'll agree it makes eBay an even better place to buy and sell.

We are committed to making your eBay experiences pleasant and

fulfilling."

Here's their answer:

"

I hope as you become more familiar with our enhanced search results

you'll agree it makes eBay an even better place to buy and sell.

We are committed to making your eBay experiences pleasant and

fulfilling."

Translated into plain American English:

"Get over it, loser. We're the only game in town and we'll do as we please. Like it or lump it." Or in more simple text message terms: "KMA&GTH" ahaha....

They must be lying about the changes being made in response to member suggestions, since this is the way they answer anything I've ever contacted them about. Member suggestions are as important to them as the squeaking of mice in a barn they've never been near.

Archived