CoinPeople.com

More coin holders

BigCanadianM

Hey guys,

My mom nabbed a plastic box from the trash at her work (University Lab). It has 24 2x2x2 spaces. Perfect fit for a 2x2. (Duh!) I use one for the bulk of my collection-its a dream!

My mom thinks that filters are stored/shipped in these boxes. It's been through the dishwasher a few times, and I took some steel wool to the top of the lid to get some sticker residue off it. (So its now translucent-ish) But I cannot say what was/if there is any residue left.

Anyways, would you guys be interested if I put this up for auction here?

Pics hopefully tomorrow.

Cheers :ninja:

The extra box

img7068og3.jpg

My usage of my box

img7076sx4.jpg

I sort my world coins in similar containers. I used to work for a music store, so I grabbed all the plastic cases that our guitar picks used to come in. Some look like that, others have only 5 or 6 rectangular compartments. It's handy to sort all of the coins by country and have each plastic case for a region.

Can't remember where I've seen those before. Might have been Walmart. They are very common though. I use a few pf them for batteries. Have to break out some of the dividers though. Not big enough for all my 2x2's. Also, I don't really like anything that holds in air, moisture, etc where there are coins present. The cardboard boxes for 2x2's are pourous and allow moisture to get in but also allow it to get out. Those plastic boxes you have when opened allow moisture to enter and when closed, keep it in. Not real good for coins.

Archived