CoinPeople.com

Banknote Software

Brett

I know they make coin collecting software. But does anyone know of any banknote collecting software? Has anyone ever used any?

I am looking for (or want to create some kind)a list of each countries Pick numbers. I want it as a check-off list that i can take with me to coin shows. Has anyone ever made one of these or something like it?

I know they make coin collecting software. But does anyone know of any banknote collecting software? Has anyone ever used any?

I am looking for (or want to create some kind)a list of each countries Pick numbers. I want it as a check-off list that i can take with me to coin shows. Has anyone ever made one of these or something like it?

I haven't used it, but there's a program called I Collect Banknotes from http://www.vee-eye.com/.

Nice avatar ^^^^. I'd probably just create an excel spreedsheet to track my banknotes. Or an access database if I had that available. It's pretty easy and you can keep building and adding as you learn what YOU want.

What you need is a database of pick numbers with sample scan of each banknote for your mobile references. Most banknotes collection software worked similiarly. Some may extend further functionalities such as helping the banknote dealer to manage their inventories, budgeting, customer relationship management and storing of historical records of sales items plus all the comprehensive function of running a business. For a collector requirement, we may only require an entry and editing function and some form of search function and a presentation function for viewers.

Is there currently a database available that already has the pick #'s? Or do I have to create one for myself?

I don't think there is one. I read somewhere earlier that you can subscribe to an online database from the publisher of Standard Catalog. Catalog book gets outdated as new banknotes appear. New Pick number were also created to label them.

Alternatively, create a pick database on a spreadsheet. It may be a long process of entering the data with the scans.

I'm not worried about adding scans right now, I just want a listing of pick number for each country on a sheet of paper i can put into a binder and take with me to coin shows. I want to check off each pick number i already own, so as not to get any duplicates.

I'm not worried about adding scans right now, I just want a listing of pick number for each country on a sheet of paper i can put into a binder and take with me to coin shows. I want to check off each pick number i already own, so as not to get any duplicates.

One solution is to spend money to buy the catalog books for the pick numbers. Alternatively, you can check on some the world collector website who has their collection display with the pick number. You can get most of it from Ron Wise website. As for newer ones, you can check with those who have the latest copy of the catalogue. I think you should be able to build a good database of pick numbers. You may want to share your fruit of labour with the rest of us. Hee hee... :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

have you seen this software before, it's on ebay australia www.ebay.com.au item number : 300160326607

looks realy good check it out

If Owen doesn't use it, I don't think I would either. :ninja:

The reason I don't use it isn't because I have looked it over and found it wanting, but rather, because I already "track" my collection in Excel and don't want to invest the time necessary to switch to a new system unless it's demonstrably better. As my spreadsheet does what I want, I'm OK for now.

I agree that it would be great to have a database with all the Pick numbers from the Standard Catalog, along with scans, but such a thing doesn't exist. The NumisMaster site from Krause is presently too coin-focused.

As others have suggested, a simple print out of your collection from any database program or spreadsheet will prevent you from buying the same note twice. I have a spreadsheet with my collection listed, as well as my want list. That's all I need to carry to shows to buy new items.

The reason I don't use it isn't because I have looked it over and found it wanting, but rather, because I already "track" my collection in Excel and don't want to invest the time necessary to switch to a new system unless it's demonstrably better. As my spreadsheet does what I want, I'm OK for now.

There are obvious advantages to doing it in Excel, especially when you can modify it to suit your tastes and preferences. I have a very old Lotus 1-2-3 file for my other banknotes, but the Scottish ones I created an Excel spreadsheet that tracks notes by bank, date, serial number, grade, Pick catalog #, Douglas Catalog, Price Paid, Current Value, and Finally if sold, for how much and to whom. When I had the website, I put the URL for the images on there too.

• 5 years later...