CoinPeople.com

What does everyone do with common wheaties?

Mister Ed

Last week I was in Germany on a US military base where pennies aren't used - probably due to the cost of shipping them. I was even approached by a German about copper pennies since they buy bulk US coins which are smelted in Mexico (that was his story). He stated "their buyer" was in Texas and they bought both coppers and silver in bulk.

But my question to other is...what the heck do you folks do with the 50th roll of 1958-D (or other common date wheaties)? Put them on E-Bay as unsearched???

Ed

what the heck do you folks do with the 50th roll of 1958-D (or other common date wheaties)?

Currently about 25 mixed rolls are sitting in a pencil box on my computer desk, what I will probably do is hold onto them until I get tired of looking at them. Then take them to a coin dealer and get $0.02 each....unless copper jumps above that....then maybe Mexico? :ninja:

I use to have a guy call me from an auction company whenever he got coins in. i use to buy wheat rolls for a $1. He hated dealing with them. The biggest amount of rolls i got off of him at one time was 93. And i still haven't gotten to go through them all yet. I have about 15,000 waiting for me to go through them. Hopefully i will this winter

Actually I would prefer to sell the whole lot for $500, they are all 1880-1899. I have a pic of them somewhere but not sure where.

ohhh ok lol no money for that just have a lil extra for now lol

Actually it is pretty inexpensive to ship 5,000 wheaties. All you need is a flat rate box from the postal service. So for around $9 you can ship as much as you can in a flat rate box. Just tape the hell out of the box after you fill it

Actually it is pretty inexpensive to ship 5,000 wheaties. All you need is a flat rate box from the postal service. So for around $9 you can ship as much as you can in a flat rate box. Just tape the hell out of the box after you fill it

the mail lady would be very mad at me and prolly make me walk to her truck and get the heavy box lol

I am not quite convinced they will fit in a flat rate box. I may try it, because if they will I will sell them for 3¢ eaches, or $150.00 for the whole lot. I also have literally thousands, maybe 6000 British coins all predecimal that I would like to get rid of similarly, but they weigh about 95 lbs.

I am not quite convinced they will fit in a flat rate box. I may try it, because if they will I will sell them for 3¢ eaches, or $150.00 for the whole lot. I also have literally thousands, maybe 6000 British coins all predecimal that I would like to get rid of similarly, but they weigh about 95 lbs.

how much would ya want for a roll of brit pre decimal pennys???

Archived