CoinPeople.com

cheaper coins???

dustin43160

I always paid more attention to the prices of silver and gold more than the Dow when it came to coins, but I certainly wouldn't know.

I always paid more attention to the prices of silver and gold more than the Dow when it came to coins, but I certainly wouldn't know.

yea same here i wouldnt of known but it was on the news...

For every action there is a reaction, called a correction where the bears recoup some of the gains.

Except for this year the Bears will win the superbowl!

How many times have they made it to the Superbowl, and then had the plug pulled? :ninja:

Once. Of course that's better than a lot of teams that have never made it to the Superbowl, or like the Detroit Lions, who came closest to the Superbowl by hosting Superbowl XL.

Once. Of course that's better than a lot of teams that have never made it to the Superbowl, or like the Detroit Lions, who came closest to the Superbowl by hosting Superbowl XL.

eh i just hope ohio state buckeyes dont choke again this year...

eh i just hope ohio state buckeyes dont choke again this year...

OSU just couldn't handle their own offense being turned against them. I laughed so hard it wasn't funny.

I've never really noticed a big swing in coin prices related to the stock market, other than bullion values.

OSU just couldn't handle their own offense being turned against them. I laughed so hard it wasn't funny.

I've never really noticed a big swing in coin prices related to the stock market, other than bullion values.

eh if i was the buckeyes coach and we lost they would be runing laps for a very very long time while i sleep in my hammic lol

I would guess that if a lot of money is lost in the market that could adversely affect any and all hobbies, especially coins. However, the negative effects would last as long as any such correction lasts.

As for the stock market, Gold and Silver prices, the weather, or anything else effecting coin prices, I doubt that very much. I've heard so many stupid stories from some coin dealers say hurry and buy this Silve coin because the price of Silver is UP. SO WHAT. The price of the coin is not based on the Silver price. Not even the stock markets ups and downs. True the weather may have an effect. For example if we have a heavy snow here in Chicago the coin shows will not be doing so good so the dealers will have to lower thier prices.

I've been collecting coins since my first coin in 1943 and have never seen coin prices drop at all. During some bad times they may have leveled off, but never dropped at least around me. Through recessions, stock market drops or rises, housing markets up or down, new coin issues, the Beanie Baby craze the coin market as far as I've ever seen has not dropped.

Of course this is based on the area I live. It may fluctuate in some areas such as states where there are not so many nice people like here.

eh while i was at my grandpas and the amishes i went the the flea market and seen some coins i would of liked to have ( common morgans) he was a younger guy which had the coins and he wanted 27.00 for each morgan!!! and they were in ok shape.. i ran out the the car to get the 2007 red book and showed him he wasent going to sell them to me at that price lol i feel bad for the people who bought from him..

eh while i was at my grandpas and the amishes i went the the flea market and seen some coins i would of liked to have ( common morgans) he was a younger guy which had the coins and he wanted 27.00 for each morgan!!! and they were in ok shape.. i ran out the the car to get the 2007 red book and showed him he wasent going to sell them to me at that price lol i feel bad for the people who bought from him..

Why feel bad for those that refuse to just do a little studying. If you go out to buy a coin, you should know what you are doing at least a little. To many people buy things without any information as to what they are doing. They buy cars, boats, coins, stamps, rabbits and on and on and on. Then you hear all the horror stories about the bad sales. You just can't feel sorry for everyone that falls into a bad situation due to thier own failure to learn about things. Don't forget that person selling the coins probably has a family to feed too.

Why feel bad for those that refuse to just do a little studying. If you go out to buy a coin, you should know what you are doing at least a little. To many people buy things without any information as to what they are doing. They buy cars, boats, coins, stamps, rabbits and on and on and on. Then you hear all the horror stories about the bad sales. You just can't feel sorry for everyone that falls into a bad situation due to thier own failure to learn about things. Don't forget that person selling the coins probably has a family to feed too.

im sure he did have a family to feed but he prolly would of sold more coins if he lowerd his prices.. but the thing that kicked me was he had ihc for 25cents each!!! i grabbed all 116 of em and gave him my phone number hehe he must of inherited the coins which is my thought..

im sure he did have a family to feed but he prolly would of sold more coins if he lowerd his prices.. but the thing that kicked me was he had ihc for 25cents each!!! i grabbed all 116 of em and gave him my phone number hehe he must of inherited the coins which is my thought..

Unfortunately there are many differences of opinions on coin sales among dealers. Some say charge as much as possible because you may never see the buyer again. Others say charge as little as possible in order to accumulate steady customers. Pending on the situation, either one could work. If your a dealer that has no plans to maintain a local location, then true you may never see the same person again. If your are around a lot, it may pay to attempt to build up a steady clientel. Of course I've talked to such dealers and they say that regardless of either situation, make as much as you can as fast as you can because tomorrow you may not be there to make more.

well thats understandable but most coin collectors already know what there gong to buy and what price to get it for i think the highest ive ever paid extra for what i wanted was only by $2.00 unless i really want the coin..

i get my coins 50% discount an sometimes freebies from my dealer :ninja: but i dont think he knows anythin bout coins ;) cant tell real prices (not that im complainin when its so cheap ;) but when its worth say $0.25 he sometimes sells it as $5.00 >_> ) for him (and every other coin dealer in bahrain that i know) coins older then 1930 cost more ..say 5 times the cost of a coin made in 1957 eg:- a 1928 austria 2 groschen costs bd 0.500 (thats $1.33) while a 1957 spain 5 ptas costs bd 0.100 (thats bout $0.27) >_> only once i was lucky 2 find a coin 1929 swiss 5 rappen for the normal price x< an all the dealers think wheaties r rare an so they CLEAN em real hard an sell em for alot x< grr!!! only once i got a free 1950 wheatie that wasnt cleaned an was deep red (my fav coin in my collection ;) ) got it cause my other dealer got a bunch of coins in a box an told me to help him an if i want anythin to keep it on 1 side :D i wanted the wheatie (my first 1 btw :D) so picked it an kept it in the pile of coins i wanted ;) ( always buy more then 50 coins when i go to a dealer xD no prob to my pocket money since im a good money storer x) )in the end he checked the coins i picked an told me take em all free!!!!! i said no no i must pay somethin but he said no no need X) my dad told him 2 but he kept sayin no need for money an told me take em X) so i did an now they sit in my collection ...i don remember the other coins except my fav wheatie :D 1950 no mint mark

Archived