CoinPeople.com

Another show....

Burks

Another bust.

Is it just me or is the amount of problem free coins decreasing? I looked at about 10 Morgans today, all UNC but problem coins. Either it was very old tape residue, a bad rim ding, huge scratch, or nasty hairlines. Quite a disappointment.

Because of the long-running hot market, supplies are running short in many areas of collecting.

Try to remember the more collectors there are, the more all existing coins will be handled, dropped, scratched, touched, etc. Many, many new collectors will just have to touch coins and then other nasty things will follow. Sort of like going to a car show and seeing kids with thier didrty hands leaning all over a show car. Lots of coins are scratched as they are removed from one type of container to another. The amount of collectors that know what they are doing compared to the masses of people out there is small.

It's kind of frustrating. I have a feeling someday the only place to collect problem free coins with be picking through garage sales and from auction houses. Either you get lucky or pay out the nose.

I've only been heavily collecting for a couple years and even I can notice the huge shift in the market. Can't imagine how people who have been collecting for decades feel.

it is hard to find "good" coins but think here withn 5 year theres going to be a slump in the coin world but i could be wrong.

Ooooo I hope so! That means I'll be done with college, making good money, and coin prices fall. *Mr. Burns* Excellent. :ninja:

Well hopefully next weekend at the baltimore show, they have alot of problem free coins. I'm leaving for DC next wednesday and am going to the show on Saturday.

LUCKY!!!!

I'm going to a flea market tomorrow. Bet I find more problem free coins there than at the show!

You failed to mention big, fat, greasy finger marks left on recently by some unscrupulous twit/owner who forgot to clean them off/ was too dumb to know how to with a clean piece of cloth before placing them back in their container/holder...

Oh well, just look on the bright side, if you have kept Morgans for a long time, looked after them well, the value of your own coins has just gone up overnight! Woot! :ninja:

Archived