CoinPeople.com

Why is he holding the medal like that?

Especially since he gets some really nice and rather scarce medals into his paws.

My husband takes the 2007 shinies I take out of circularion and rubs them all over. "Does it bug you? It's NOT going to do anything. I bet you're going to complain to your coin forum people and they'll all back you up to make you feel better. Do you hate it when I do THIS?" ::rubs them between his greasy, quarter-engulfing fingers::

ARRGHH!

Anyway, I suppose this seller would listen if you told him to wear gloves or hold his medal properly, especially if he wants to boost his sales.

Well I nearly always use cotton gloves, even though none of my coins are worth an actual fortune; I still think it's gonna be okay if he just rubs them after?

On the other hand, a lot of coins I have ordered have turned up with fresh finger marks I have had to remove myself with the cleansing power of the cotton gloves but on one occasion, a Falklands Islands year set turned up with what looked like dark, oily fingerprints and I couldn't remove them from the copper coins - what a pity!

Good reason to swear by getting to know your seller.

Archived