CoinPeople.com

LIZA ROUBLE

p911

it's a cast fake. I would also add that this seller is known to sell counterfeits, that's why I personally would not buy any valuable coin there, as he is a fuflogon :ninja:

I don't know this seller, but I agree that the coin looks odd.

The surfaces appear quite porous (partially hidden by the dark photos).

I think you are right, it looks like a cast counterfeit to me also.

it's a cast fake. I would also add that this seller is known to sell counterfeits, that's why I personally would not buy any valuable coin there, as he is a fuflogon :ninja:

I agree 100% - do not touch this coin !

Does anyone ever contact the seller about coins like this? This seller has a positive feedback of 100%. Could it be possible that (s)he does not know that this coin is questionable? Kisenish, you seem to be familiar with this seller; have you had any direct contact with them?

Does anyone ever contact the seller about coins like this? This seller has a positive feedback of 100%. Could it be possible that (s)he does not know that this coin is questionable? Kisenish, you seem to be familiar with this seller; have you had any direct contact with them?

I have had a direct contact with the seller. Having several IDs on EBay in 2 countries (US and Canada - just look at the listing: item location and registration !) this seller plays games. Stay away !

I have had a direct contact with the seller. Having several IDs on EBay in 2 countries (US and Canada - just look at the listing: item location and registration !) this seller plays games. Stay away !

Has this seller previously sold Russian coins on ebay (supposedly) from British Columbia in Canada?

Interestingly, this seller once bought a coin from me (Rouble 1831 with open "2").

You mean 1821 or 1832? ;):ninja:

While buying good coins for himself, I saw many fakes offered by this seller ;)

That suggests he knows the difference. ;)

British Columbia?? maybe, sounds very familiar...

There was (is?) a seller on ebay who claimed to be in British Columbia in Canada and who routinely offered many crude fakes. Occasionally, there was one that MIGHT have been real (or, more likely, was just a better quality fake than the others). I think the seller's "handle" was a woman's name like "Joan" or "Joanna" or something similar. The seller's listings used to appeal to bidders' greed by talking about what a great investment Russian coins are because they "double in value every year" (or words to that effect). :D

This offering has a somewhat different look to the layout of the listing and the appeal to victims' greed is not there, but I think it might be the same online seller (although I might be mistaken). ;)

There was (is?) a seller on ebay who claimed to be in British Columbia in Canada and who routinely offered many crude fakes. Occasionally, there was one that MIGHT have been real (or, more likely, was just a better quality fake than the others). I think the seller's "handle" was a woman's name like "Joan" or "Joanna" or something similar. The seller's listings used to appeal to bidders' greed by talking about what a great investment Russian coins are because they "double in value every year" (or words to that effect).

Still in business:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RUSSIAN-Polish-militar...1QQcmdZViewItem

He does not seem to be offering any fake coins at present. Quite a few of the counterfeits illustrated

in the Russian Numismatic Society Journal came from his eBay listings.

He did sell an occasional genuine piece though it was usually a well-circulated copper coin of little value.

RWJ

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=013

interestingly, this guy also has a 1749 ruble for sale. He is also known for his selection of "novodels", but they are clearly sold as copies.

Ive bought a few of his genuine coins in the past, and he is a knowledgeable collector, based on our email.

Selling copies cant be good for your reputation, however. :ninja:

Still in business:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RUSSIAN-Polish-militar...1QQcmdZViewItem

He does not seem to be offering any fake coins at present. Quite a few of the counterfeits illustrated

in the Russian Numismatic Society Journal came from his eBay listings.

He did sell an occasional genuine piece though it was usually a well-circulated copper coin of little value.

RWJ

Thank you, that is the one.

Archived