CoinPeople.com

Canadian "Spy Coins"

Topher

ROFL. This is priceless:

WASHINGTON – An odd-looking Canadian coin with a bright red flower was the culprit behind the U.S. Defence Department's false espionage warning earlier this year, the Associated Press has learned.

The odd-looking – but harmless – "poppy coin" was so unfamiliar to suspicious U.S. Army contractors traveling in Canada that they filed confidential espionage accounts about them. The worried contractors described the coins as "anomalous" and "filled with something man-made that looked like nano-technology," according to once-classified U.S. government reports and e-mails obtained by the AP.

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/211189

Read the link for the whole story. I wonder if my "spy coins" will fetch a premium on fleabay now? :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i dont think that the spy coins are real i just think that the government just wanted people to pay attention to something else insted of the war or ... but they could be real.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I think the chances of Canada spying on the US with nano-technology is right up there with the US having "perfect" hub dies.

Hey at least we know Canada could really do it if they wanted to, unlike our hubs lol. But then again I think for any Canadian wanting to learn the "Insiders" information in the US, all they would have to do is walk across the border and hangout....basically anywhere here. Lol. :ninja:

Archived