CoinPeople.com

A neat coin that came in - pretty hot

gxseries

I was literally off my table as I wasn't really expecting a beauty like this:

922597.jpg

186315kfmf3.jpg

186315kbmz6.jpg

Nicholai I 5 kopeks are amazingly difficult to get hold of in nice condition and that makes it complete of my other 5 kopek that I have,

905444.jpg

That I pulled out from a dealer's 2 dollar junk coin lot a few years ago so I'm not going to complain ;)

The amazing thing of this coin is that it is aUNC, still has some original red lusture, an overdate of 3/1 (I believe) and as well as, the reverse is struck on a brockage! :ninja: (You should be able to see the reversed words of "kopeks" in between the necks of the double head eagle)

Once again, thank you Jose ;)

Oh come on bobh, you can't be that blind ;)

If you look at the larger picture and especially the left side of the double head eagle's neck, you should be able to see the letter "E" in reverse glaring out of background. ;) From there, it should be pretty clear that it must have been a brockage.

:ninja: How right you are! Thanks for the pointers.

Oh come on bobh, you can't be that blind ;)

If you look at the larger picture and especially the left side of the double head eagle's neck, you should be able to see the letter "E" in reverse glaring out of background. :ninja: From there, it should be pretty clear that it must have been a brockage.

Congratulations on an exceptionally nice overdate. I would quibble a bit about the brockage, however, as it is more likely that the lettering is from clashed dies.

RWJ

Thanks everyone and Julian - always appericated

I often have troubles telling the differences

Would this too happen to be a die clash?

Reversed 7 can be seen under the right leg of the double headed eagle.

Yes, this also appears to be from clashed dies.

RWJ

Archived