CoinPeople.com

Where's George? Right here.

Dockwalliper

He's actually going to be debuting at an elementary school in Houston.

Here is the full pic...

311xInlineGallery.jpg

Note: The man in the picture is NOT Doc... ;)

PS. I think the obverse is... ;) ...but the reverse is...:ninja:

I think I said this in another topic, but I'll say it again:

Those things are even fuglier than their original drawings, and I'm seriously reconsidering deciding to collect them. I'm very disappointed at these half-hearted designs, and at least the SQs had some variety.

So what is the actual release date?

And yeah.....I'm not overly excited about the obverse....although....liberty, which I thought would be ugly, if rather nice.

Same composition as the Sacs but specially treated to resist Tarnish.

We'll just see how long it takes them to tarnish.

I'll put on right along side my 2005 ASE pocket piece. Who wants to race to have the first graded PO-1?

The faces honestly look like cartoons. Why aren't they as nice as Lincoln was in 1909, Washington in 1932, Jefferson, in 1938, Franklin in 1946, Kennedy in 1964, even Eisenhower in 1971? Sorry, partial to the high reliefs... Also, I don't think those specific portraits should be used, but I wish the Mint (or whoever it was) would have put a little more effort into these.

EDIT: My dad brought up a good point... they look like commemoratives. He was talking to some people who thought they might be sold for higher than face value because they could pass for commemoratives, or people would simply not accept them thinking they're not legal tender. Will people find it worth the added effort?

The faces honestly look like cartoons. Why aren't they as nice as Lincoln was in 1909, Washington in 1932, Jefferson, in 1938, Franklin in 1946, Kennedy in 1964, even Eisenhower in 1971? Sorry, partial to the high reliefs... Also, I don't think those specific portraits should be used, but I wish the Mint (or whoever it was) would have put a little more effort into these.

EDIT: My dad brought up a good point... they look like commemoratives. He was talking to some people who thought they might be sold for higher than face value because they could pass for commemoratives, or people would simply not accept them thinking they're not legal tender. Will people find it worth the added effort?

I still get people coming in who think a Sac or SBA isn't a dollar coin, and a commemorative of some sort, especially the Sacs because of the gold tone.

I still get people coming in who think a Sac or SBA isn't a dollar coin, and a commemorative of some sort, especially the Sacs because of the gold tone.

And on that note, people still think $2 bills are fake. I should start offering them one REALY $1 bill for their "fake" $2 bill. :ninja:

Still can't wait to see one of these in person. I need a good laugh. Whoever said the obverse looks like a cartoon, I must agree. Looks like play money.

Not trying to be a hypocrite, but when I was at the local coin shop yesterday I noticed that the Whitman folders they had for the PD's did not include both mint marks. :ninja:

He's actually going to be debuting at an elementary school in Houston.

Here is the full pic...

311xInlineGallery.jpg

Note: The man in the picture is NOT Doc... ;)

PS. I think the obverse is... ;) ...but the reverse is...:ninja:

The tails side with the Statue of Liberty looks quite good, the portrait not so much, I still think that side portraits rather than angled or face on look 100 times better

Archived