CoinPeople.com

Help neede regarding my rip-off

16d

Adding to my frustration after being ripped-off, the theif has been released from jail. Seems the prosecuter wont go by a Redbook to determine value, nor take my word for what they were worth. Misdemeanor charges were dropped as well. What they want is a 3rd party to asses a value to these coins. To add fuel to my already boiling-over blood pressure is the fact I can't get my stuff back until AFTER a trial. I'm not going to let this puke walk, so it'll be awhile before I see anything. The prosecuter said he'd be re-arrested, and not get out if I can prove a felony amount was taken. Hell, just the 2 '16d's that were swiped would warrant that. The stuff they've recovered so far is several thousand $$, but they see 15 lg. cents as $.15, and a merc. is a dime to them. Thats the sorry-a$$ed part of living in a small town. If you'd like to participate, send me a PM, take a minute to look over the list and quote whatever price guide you like. She said if I had enough people respond, that'll do the trick. I promise this will only take a few minutes, as I will just give details of a very small amount of the U.S. stuff. What really gets my goat is that I even provided pics of alot of the stuff to them. Hundreds of pieces of U.S.-Philippene silver was not even brought into account, that's foreign stuff with no set value.

I'd like to suggest that you go to the website for the Coin Dealer Newsletter and purchase the latest single copy. It's considered an authoritative source of pricing by most insurance companies. Then, you can price your losses and attach a copy. I just think this will get a lot more attention down to the local police department than a letter from someone they never heard of.

Just a thought.

Good luck.

I'd like to suggest that you go to the website for the Coin Dealer Newsletter and purchase the latest single copy. It's considered an authoritative source of pricing by most insurance companies. Then, you can price your losses and attach a copy. I just think this will get a lot more attention down to the local police department than a letter from someone they never heard of.

Just a thought.

Good luck.

It's a great thought and the perfect answer. :ninja:

It's a great thought and the perfect answer. :ninja:

They wouldn't accept anything from my local & highly trusted dealer, because he's local & my buddy. I really can't take the time to send away for anything, this guy's gonna skip.

Your dealer friend should have at least a recent copy of the Coin Dealer Newsletter monthly summary -- if not, go to the nearest large town or city, find a coin dealer who does and buy a recent copy from him...

That is an exceeding horrific story there, 16d :ninja: I mean... if they really could bother, they could have called any coin dealers and asked how much they are worth, it's definately not just some 12 cents! ;) If they can't be bothered to make a call, you can always drag your cellphone and get them to talk to the dealer if they just don't trust your words... ;)

Good luck. :lol: