CoinPeople.com

Another fine E-bay mess

stu62

I sometimes search for items on non-US E-Bay sites. I recently found some sweet items on E-Bay Germany.The items said Paypal accepted for overseas buyers.I would not have bid otherwise.Upon winning Paypal was not an option. I have emailed the seller to straighten this out.I'm steamed nonetheless.

The same day I won an item from the UK. He stated no paypal, cash only from US. I won and sent the cash in 2 envelopes. I bid half of what I would have if he took Paypal.

Unless the seller is someone I know or know of, I will not send cash.

I've had success with sending cash to the UK on 3 other occasions. Its $40 so it won't break me either way.

Some sellers in the UK will not even accept $ so it might be advantageous to find a source of £ if you have to pay for £ purchases. I will accept payment in Euro, Sterling and Dollar cash, and have taken Polish Zloty and Dutch Guilders when I knew I was going to travel to those countries in a short time after I sold stuff to buyers there.

The same day I won an item from the UK. He stated no paypal, cash only from US. I won and sent the cash in 2 envelopes. I bid half of what I would have if he took Paypal.

So it didn't matter if you had bid twice as much anyways.

Sometimes you might want to know people online here. I had a similar case where a US seller didn't take Paypal and I had someone here in this forum to help me out :ninja: i.e. I sent him the money via paypal and he helped me send a money order to the seller.

Thats agreat idea!

My seller in Germany had me send him money via Paypal to his e-mail address.I had never heard of this way. It seems to have worked as I have a receipt, and my seller said he got paid.

Sometimes you might want to know people online here. I had a similar case where a US seller didn't take Paypal and I had someone here in this forum to help me out ;) i.e. I sent him the money via paypal and he helped me send a money order to the seller.

Yup, I agree. A couple of people here were kind enought to assist me with some purchases in the US where Paypal was not an option. :ninja:

Yeah I think I'm being screwed over right now.....

12 days later and still no items.

What item was it, Burks? The U.S. mail is really screwy come this time of year. I sent a package out Priority Mail on the 6th and it's been sitting in the Fullerton Postal Unit since the 9th. I'm still waiting for the winner to get down there and talk to the Post Master. Like others have said, have faith, it's probably just sitting in some lazy deliverer's bin somewhere.

Archived