CoinPeople.com

Your 2006 Collecting goals.

Dan769

How has everyone done in completing/sticking to the goals for 2006? Incase you forgot what you posted I dredged up the post from January.

Mine:

For me it's adding to this darn type set, the FUN show is in 5 days

And I'm still up in the air about either getting a Carson City Gold or a gold Portuguese coin from the 1700 or 1800's

I have added numerous coins to the type set, upgrading also as i go. About 2/3 complete. No CC gold :ninja: but I did manage a few coins from the mid 1700 from Portugal.

Well, let's see ... here's my post on the old thread:

1. Buy a Draped Bust Large Cent in EF or better for my U.S. Type Set. (Nope - couldn't afford any I saw)

2. Buy a Draped Bust Half Cent in EF or better for my U.S. Type Set. (Yep - couldn't afford it but bought it anyway)

3. Continue adding to my British Victorian Type Set. (Yep, added 7 or 8 new pieces)

4. Continue adding to my British George IV Type Set. (Nope - quit collecting old dead Georgie coins)

5. Try to NOT go broke while doing #1 through #4 (debatable ... )

Don't think I posted a list here, but.

Wanted to get year set for morgan dollars. got it + Now want to work on mint marks. That may take longer then a year.

Wanted a solid string of proof year sets - got it + Now want to add a few extra of the prestige/legacy/silver etc sets.

Next year expand my foreign coins, peace and commemorative dollars also.

I just reviewed my goals and I did ok. Didn't get most of the coins that I had hoped for but got a few and they're really nice specimens. I also started a few new things like my GEM Lincoln and Jefferson sets.

Eh I did alright.

Added to my Type Set, started going for quality vs quantity, and expanded my knowledge by a lot. And the most important thing of all, I still had a ton of fun doing it! Finally got to go to a large show as well.

I succeeded in spending too much money on coins, so my goal in 2007 will be to sell the accumulations of stuff I stopped collecting more than a decade ago.

Cool if you have any British coins for sale, please give me a shout! :ninja:

1. Attend as many shows as possible. This year that may be just the NY Intl, but maybe Chicago and the ANA summer show.

I made it to two naitonals and the two nicer local shows

2. Write something else on numismatics for publication

That is in progress, I'll have to do two articles next year

3. Complete the ancient coin prices database, the way I like it smile.gif

Not quite complete

4. Sell and give away all those coins I don't need. I might exempt my birth year coins since I can use those in the future.

Still in the process, though I am making progress

5. Exhaustively research those coins I am keeping and each new addition

Getting better at this

6. Buy the best coins I can afford to fit into my collection, preferably in person.

Not too bad on this one either

Archived