Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 security features :ninja:

Congrats!!! Which country was the hardest to track down?

3? wrong there's more than that

Africa - Equatorial Guinea and Mauritnaia before CFA franc those countries had their own currency befor excepting the the CFA

Asia - Timor had there own now use US and Autsralian Dollar

Europe - St. Helena

Americas - None

Oceania - Hawaii

Series 2003 New York district $1 note, numbered B06206300F. It's not often I find anything that goes in any sort of order, so a semi-ladder note was a nice find.

WHAT A HAUL!!!!!

Here are some new stuff that I got with my paycheck

Sillver Certificates Blue and Yellow with Yellow back $1 and $5 notes with One Star Note

$5 Dollars Series 2003A with VERY LOW Serial number F6 FF00004496A

$20 Dollars Series 1974 darn its only $20 no thanks to the crease in the middle I didnt do it

And the best one 1950s Red Seal Series A $5 note in uncirculated condition

Need a price on the the Red Seal since I wont have a book until July :ninja:

And the best one 1950s Red Seal Series A $5 note in uncirculated condition

Need a price on the the Red Seal since I wont have a book until July :ninja:

The price range on uncirculated notes range from $25-$300 depending on the series. Post what the series is, and I can give you a price range on it, I have the new Friedberg sitting in my file cabinet.

Wow! There's been a lot of good notes posted lately. Good job everyone! Wish I could have the luck that some of you seem to have! But who am I to complain.

My meager prizes aren't much, but they are kinda' neat to me.

First is a CSA 5 dollar note. I can't believe how much these have been appreciating.

142s8p.jpg

Then a Netherlands Indies Note. these are harder and harder to find.

15h1oj7.jpg

And lastly a Mexican note issued by Pancho Villa. Not too exciting of a design, but of historical note... banknote, that is.

5ywz6e.jpg

Being found with the Villa note in your possession by the opposition could have gotten you a death sentence in 1916 Mexico. The Netherlands Indies note is neat, I have seen those in my Netherlands searches. Nice CSA note too, those have appreciated well in value lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright - the African Hiatus is over. I won't post the newer Tanzanian notes (they're on Banknotebank though) but I gotta share the new Djibouti and Madagascar notes. I've been looking for the Madagascar note in UNC for less than too much $$$ - Only took a few years - sheesh!

14w4oih.jpg

I like those Djibouti and Madagascar notes, I can say you inspired me to venture into these African countries notes. Just such colourful notes with great designs, and quite scarce :ninja:

Mwah ha-ha-ha-haaaa! Another African collector! ;)

Well, you should be able to maintain your 'Pretty Girls' theme quite easily with African banknotes. There are quite a few with some good looking women on them, so if you get 'em, post 'em!

Mwah ha-ha-ha-haaaa! Another African collector! :ninja:

Well, you should be able to maintain your 'Pretty Girls' theme quite easily with African banknotes. There are quite a few with some good looking women on them, so if you get 'em, post 'em!

They are on the way as we speak, I bought a load from Togo, Cameroun, Equatorial Guinea, Congo, Ghana etc. But you can appreciate when you get into the 1950's and 1960's it is practically non-existent in collectable grade, when you can find it the prices are phenomenal. Currently for my collecting theme I am expecting notes from Spain, Cuba, the USA(15¢ Fractional), US MPC's - huge load of those, including $20's, more from Northern Ireland, Czechoslovakia, Colombia, Estonia, Bulgaria and Indonesia. I just got one today from Germany, the 1926 5RM with the girl.

germany51926dtl.jpg

germany51926.jpg

The German Rentenbank was launched in 1924, it translates as the Stabilisation Bank, and older inflated Reichsmarks were exchanged 1 Billion : 1 new Rentenmark. This 5 Rentenmark note was issued beginning in 1926, and saw issue up through 1948, even though the Nazis were printing a 5 Reichsmark dated 1942 with a different design. This note features the vignette of a rural farm girl and is P-169, it is a note which is surprisingly scarce in VF or higher but common in lower grades.

I'M SEEING STARS

Just Bought $50 of 1 Dollars (UNCIRCULATED)

ALL star notes E 5 05835133 to E 5 05835182 Series 2003A

Place of purchase Publix Supermarkets where I work

also from the same place 1 dollar Hawaii note

not sure this fits the Pretty girl cat. but here goes

These are from Eladas and the Hungarian Regentcy

2w72yap.jpg

Eladas

256s8r7.jpg

Hungarian Regentcy

I also need help with this I also bought a mystery box filled with Phillipine notes and they're from diff. islands and places . I need to know who would be the best person to help with ID. I will recieve them in mid to Late June.

I'M SEEING STARS

Just Bought $50 of 1 Dollars (UNCIRCULATED)

ALL star notes E 5 05835133 to E 5 05835182 Series 2003A

Place of purchase Publix Supermarkets where I work

also from the same place 1 dollar Hawaii note

not sure this fits the Pretty girl cat. but here goes

These are from Eladas and the Hungarian Regentcy

2w72yap.jpg

Eladas

256s8r7.jpg

Hungarian Regentcy

I also need help with this I also bought a mystery box filled with Phillipine notes and they're from diff. islands and places . I need to know who would be the best person to help with ID. I will recieve them in mid to Late June.

Nice set of stars! That's pretty cool that you can buy them from your store like that! But that Hungarian note is actually featuring a long - haired King Matyas I think.

As far as the P.I. notes, there are a number of folks here who could help there are several collectors who specialize in Philippine notes - I think if you posted a request there'd surely be one of them to respond. Several more of us could always help with our general knowledge and catalogs at hand.

ghana2cedis1979.jpg

Almost forgot this one from Ghana.

Well, you certainly have a great set of notes in this last bunch. Couple I've not seen before, like the Ghana one with the books on the kid's head. You certainly know how to do things right! BTW, I also really like that Bulgarian note - for some reason it seems that that series is a bit scarce.