CoinPeople.com

Null and void

Mark Stilson

Okay I bid on a coin and lost. But I recieved a notice from Ebay "Since the listing was ended by eBay, the transaction itself is null and void." The seller still has merchandise and selling with a good rating. Any ideas on what happened?

If the auction was ended by EBay, there was probably something against EBay policies in it or he didn't pay his bill. Has the seller been NARU'd? Does he have other auctions going still? Watch to see if it gets re-listed. If not, you could always email the seller and ask he's going to re-list it.

Mark, is it possible that the "notice from eBay" is a phishing attempt?

It also shows up as null and void when trying to look at the item in history. The message was an internal ebay message from ebay. I doubt if ebay would let someone have just plain ebay as a name. Also the item in my history shows it was removed. So not a phishing stunt.

Well, the coin is back up for sale. I talked to the dealer today and they don't know what happened either. She said she got the same notice without an explianation and freaked. She quick checked to make sure the rest of the items were still listed. Either a problem with ebay or a problem with the other bidder.

Ebay's procedures can be 9 different kinds of wierd at times. I've gotten messages in response to a question about an item in my inbox that were sent to me over a month ago. Once in a while, ebay sends me the "Congratulations on your first feedback" email, as well. Wierd, I tell you. Nine different kinds of wierd.

Archived