CoinPeople.com

Popular Coin Idol 2011

Art

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll open the submission threads until George decides to close them. Sorry if I caused any inconvenience.

I'll open the submission threads until George decides to close them. Sorry if I caused any inconvenience.

Done.

So much for me staying up until the wee hours ensuring my entries were in by the deadline set, I've missed out on precious sleep. :bleh:

So much for me staying up until the wee hours ensuring my entries were in by the deadline set, I've missed out on precious sleep. :bleh:

Sorry. :sorry:

Don't worry, I think I must have violated at least 6 rules trying to post mine, so I'll be disqualified before the first votes are cast!

I don't think so! You've got some real beauties. I especially like the Pillar Dollar. :drool:

what is the special section for, and cani use them for more entrys? :P

It's for anything that you want to put in there that matches the main catagory. You are limited to 3 entries there just as the other sections.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

good news and bad news.

first the good:

- my long vacations for the summer are over and my schedule is now predictable which means i can do this!

now the bad:

- my grad program threw me a curveball recently. i just started the last semester of my masters program. i started the program as a full time student and became part time once i got my job. i live 1.5 hours from campus, so i've taken 4 of 9 classes totally online. they let me do this because they know me and i have great grades. i show up for the first day of class. introduce myself to the professor if i hadnt had him already. then remind him i'll be watching the videos online. unfortunately, now they don't want to let me take it purely online anymore. don't know why. so, i'll be driving the 1.5 hours to/from campus twice a week for the rest of the semester. that'll suck up a lot of my time and energy.

In short, PCI will commence in a few days!

Sounds like a rather difficult scheduling hit. Hope you can work it out ok. Let me assure you that the education is worth whatever sacrifice it takes. Do your best and enjoy the journey.

No, No, totally unacceptable. Its just a internet rumor you need sleep. Say 12 - five hour energy's a day and you should be just fine. :grin: Every thing may be moving and bouncing including the words in books, but that's not bad, your head will be keeping pace bouncing. :bhyper: :bhyper: ;)

Joking aside take it easy, focus on school. The most important thing you can do.

Perhaps someone else can answer this while Art works on Grad Student stuff:

I'm new enough to this site that this is my first PCI (though I've submitted a couple of entries).

How does this work? Do we vote by PM or poll or what? I saw that he had created his initial matchups but I've yet to see any mechanism for voting. Is that what he had to put off because of his studies?

Each grouping of coins will be presented with their pictures in a poll. You can then cast your vote. Usually there are two coins per poll with the winners advancing to the next step and so on. I know that George has these snags with school so I'll see if he wants me to set the inital polls in place and let the voting begin. Should not be much problem since he's already id'd the contestants.

OK gang. Voting is open for Base Metals, Non-Metallic, and BiMetallic catagories. I don't think any other catagories will be opened for voting until after the weekend. Have fun and don't forget to comment on the coins. It's a nice part of the contest for the entrants. Even if you don't vote for a coin but it touches something about history or numismatics or whatever that you find interesting. Share it with us.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like very little activity on the silver and gold Round 1 voting. It's almost time to move on to some of Round 2.

So far the coins/medals/etc have been outstanding. While the initial choices were difficult the remaining voting is going to be a heckfoo of a lot tougher. Take your time and have fun with it.

Archived