Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The structure looks like there form of bungie jumping tower, I cant remember what it is called but they tie some vines round there legs n nose dive off :ninja: Lovely note though LOL

Yep - DeOrc has it right.

They tie ropes around their legs and go for it. This is evidently where Bungee Jumping got the idea from - - but this isn't exactly bungee- it's only vines. Plus, I've heard that these guys actually hit the ground below.

While I'd never try that, I did try bungee jumping a number of years ago. - I seriously doubt I'd do it again though.

Link

WOW a lucky find

USA 1 dollar F 88888888 L series 2003a

Oh- No Way! That is incredibly lucky, especially as 8's are lucky numbers and are the most sought after. You should post it up here for us to see! And speaking of seeing it, I bet See323 is gonna like that note a lot too!

Congrats on the great find!

Oh- No Way! That is incredibly lucky, especially as 8's are lucky numbers and are the most sought after. You should post it up here for us to see! And speaking of seeing it, I bet See323 is gonna like that note a lot too!

Congrats on the great find!

wish i could no scanner yet just a laptop and printer

I really like these style of Chinese banknotes. They are local or private banknotes and they generally have an intricate vignette to study. They are however, because of their nature - being local banknotes - almost impossible to research. I've found a little information on a few of the notes in my collection, but it is pretty scant. Perhaps one day I'll find a book in English about Chinese banknotes. Until then, it's full of mystery and imagination... perhaps it's better that way! :ninja:

1z5nazd.jpg

Nice set of new notes Naidu54!

The Laos notes have some nice scenes on them - they are the style that is very intricate and the more you look at them, the more you see in them, especially in the border areas aside from their already attractive vignettes. :ninja:

Neat notes everyone, I especially like how the notes from Camaroun and other former French colonies have such an interesting design that is so reminiscent of the French designs.

On another note, my uncle showed me once some notes (?) from asia, I think China or Japan that were not really notes, but more like receipts or customs documents for the transfer of gold. I don't have a scan, but can anyone tell me anything about them?

Neat notes everyone, I especially like how the notes from Camaroun and other former French colonies have such an interesting design that is so reminiscent of the French designs.

On another note, my uncle showed me once some notes (?) from asia, I think China or Japan that were not really notes, but more like receipts or customs documents for the transfer of gold. I don't have a scan, but can anyone tell me anything about them?

Sounds like it was likely a Customs GOld Unit, which is explained nicely in this Wikipedia link: CGU Link

Got this one in today... Not as pretty as some others, but still a nice note to have. It is a 100 Tiao Chinese Provincial note from 1928.

2liyouo.jpg

Dave, that notes great...if you don't mind me asking, how much did it run you? I wouldnt mind picking one up.