CoinPeople.com

Would someone like super massive silver coin?

gxseries

If you limit the production to 1000 pieces and have to recoup the price of the die or lazerengraving you end up with a lot of overhead

This is a collector item

Imaging it falling of the mantle piece and breaking the foot of the cleaning lady :ninja:

What a beast. (And I don't mean the dog.)

Does anybody know the diameter of that thing? I tried the Perth Mint's website, but always get an alert about some database error. In any case, for me this is in the same category as the Austrian "Big Phil" coin - may end up in a book of world records, but that is about it.

:ninja: Christian

I think instead I would take Libby's advice and collect manhole covers before something like this. :lol: 

To be honest though I would rather have 10 kilos of silver in many smaller crown-size portions. :cry:

When I was in Ukraine we had to dodge holes in the streets wherever we went, the manhole covers had all been stolen and scrapped.

I read a story datelined from Belgium this last week about the same thing happening there now.

I don't think collectors are stealing them though :ninja:

When I was in Ukraine we had to dodge holes in the streets wherever we went, the manhole covers had all been stolen and scrapped.

I read a story datelined from Belgium this last week about the same thing happening there now. 

I don't think collectors are stealing them though :ninja:

This was hapened in Romania also in '90's... even the railways remote control wires were stolen by gipsies...not for collect but for selling at scrap metal centers... It was unbelievable how inconscient was some poor people...

This was hapened in Romania also in '90's... even the railways remote control wires were stolen by gipsies...not for collect  but for selling at scrap metal centers... It was unbelievable how inconscient was some poor people...

Ummm, don't we have the same problems these days, due to the rising metal prices? Copper wire gets stolen, even loose railway tracks, construction sites and scrap metal places in Germany now have to be guarded much more than a couple of years ago ...

Christian

Archived