CoinPeople.com

Australia Fiver

Trantor_3

OK, Seems I have totally overlooked this, I thought this coin was being issued at end of april, not end of march....

Anyway, discovered it late yesterday evening and rushed to the post office today, right after work to get a bunch of them.

I managed to get me a bunch of the coins, one for my own collection, which I added to OmniCoin:

910352.jpg

In the past, several members already expressed interest in having one of this coin, in another thread in this forum. Those members are listed in the table below. Members who aren't listed with a "Yes" yet, please post in this thread and I'll see that I get a coin for you too.

It's a 0.925 Silver 5 euro coin, which can be obtained at face value, at the post office. Note: these are circulation quality, not BU, Prooflike or Proof.

At the current exchange rate, the coin costs US$ 6.05

Shipping/handing to any country outside of Europe is US$ 2.45

Order list Australia Fiver
"officially" Ordered
Trantor_3
Yes.

Scottishmoney
Yes.

Tiffibunny
Yes.

tabbs
Yes.

Henare
Yes.

Ray
Yes.

JTryka
Yes.

Sir Sisu
yes.

Daggit
yes.

Unknown
yes.

Crystalk64
yes

Nr. coins left

• 4 weeks later...
Where do you see a "no" in your name?????

:lol:

Wait I see it Unknown!!

Cracking myself up again...... :ninja::cry:

Got my Australia Fiver from Erik, thank you! But now I have a question ...

On previously issued Dutch euro coins, circulation pieces and commems, the obverse and the reverse are parallel (what in the US is called "medal alignment"). That is actually how most European pieces, and all euro coins, are orientated. I know that the 2002 Royal Wedding coin is not exactly parallel either (90º) but I thought that was a one-time peculiarity.

Now this Australië Vijfje has a 180º rotation, like the US coins or the old (gulden) coins from NL. Way too much and precise to be considered an error. If the mint did this on purpose, did they give any reason? In albums and boxes this 180º reversed style ("coin alignment" in the US) does not look very good in my opinion ...

(Or was it done because Australia is "down under"? :ninja: )

Christian

:ninja: Got mine today.... ;)  ;) and its got a big gouge in it :lol:  :cry:

I will maintain my composure and not curse out the rotten pos... ...ahh never mind. ;) .. Thanks Eric ;)

Hmmm, I didn't notice that....

These are circulation coins and they can/will have bagmarks. The are delivered to the post office in a large zip lock bag and as you will have noticed, only one side of the coin is protected by the holder.

can you post a picture?

Archived