CoinPeople.com

UNC Lincolns and Jeffersons

Art

I ordered the Dansco albums for Lincolns 1909-present w/proofs and for Jeffersons 1938-2011 w/proofs. In all of the years I've been collecting, I've never focused on a series in MS before. So this will be a new experience for me. Not sure if it will work out. :ninja:

My plan is to complete the series with coins that are at least MS62/PF62. Wish me luck. :lol:

Have fun with that Art. Getting a vast majority of the Lincolns in MS condition won't cost much (50% off boxes are good friends). Eventually, as you know, there will be that one coin in MS that will cost more then the rest of the set combined.

Ah the joy of key dates!

My next Dansco will be for the Roosie's and then Lincolns. Both with proofs.

Good luck Art! Personally, I would focus on the Jeffersons first, for two main reasons, first so you don't get discouraged at the cost of some of the key date Lincolns, and second so when you complete it and move on to the Lincolns, you can sing the Jeffersons theme song...Oh we're movin' on up!!! :ninja:

Good luck Art!  Personally, I would focus on the Jeffersons first, for two main reasons, first so you don't get discouraged at the cost of some of the key date Lincolns, and second so when you complete it and move on to the Lincolns, you can sing the Jeffersons theme song...Oh we're movin' on up!!!  :ninja:

Hadn't thought about those Jeffersons in a long time. I used to laugh so heartily at George.

I have about a half dozen Lincolns and a few Jeffersons put away to kick this effort off. From that point, who knows.

Hey wow.  Sounds like me, except with the Lincolns.  I'm only doing Uncs for the modern coins.  I can't afford some of those early Uncs.  :ninja:

I'm sure that short of the lottery, I won't be able to afford quite a few of the Lincolns in UNC. But you never know what will happen. Maybe it will become a partial set to pass on to someone to complete.

Now you just need to get the Kennedy's Sacs, Roosies, Ikes and SBA albums w/proofs and start buying mint/proof sets too.  :ninja:

As you may recall, I sold all of my mint and proof sets. I don't see that happening for a long long time. I do have an almost complete set of Kennedys - mostly from circulation - I'm missing the 70-D. SACS are well not too complete - I haven't bothered much with them once the mint went to the roll purchase thing.

Ikes -- no proofs but I have most of the circulation pieces. Ditto the SBAs.

Roos -- who knows? I have a bunch in a box somewhere. Probably pretty close to a set but all circulated and nothing that's not silver.

Mercs -- bunch of those somewhere in 2x2s. Far from a set though.

I don't think that I'll spread out that much. The Lincolns and Jeffersons will offer enough diversion for now.

Good luck.

I'd recommend that you search for at least slightly better examples especially

with the later date coins.  They're often available for little or no premium and

the completed set will look far better.

I think that you're right about that.

Art let me know how your making out with the Jeffs. I've completed the jeffs in MS and it was a blast. I have a few MS Jeff extras i can part with.

If I recall one of the hardest dates for me to find was a 41-D, It seemed as if no one had this date.

Art let me know how your making out with the Jeffs. I've completed the jeffs in MS and it was a blast. I have a few MS Jeff extras i can part with.

If I recall one of the hardest dates for me to find was a 41-D, It seemed as if no one had this date.

Dan,

I'll certainly keep you in mind. I'll want to get started as soon as my albums arrive. Thanks for your help in getting my circ set of Jeffs completed. I understand that some of the war nickels are pretty tough to find.

Ahem, if you have any Uncs that might be on my Jeffersos WTB list in that other forum I would be happy to relieve you of them. :ninja: I'm doing the same set.

I found searching thru circ. Jeffs for my whitman folder to be rewarding. I discovered a mint state 1969-S and an AU 1949 amongst all the well worn Jeffs. They're nothing special value-wise but it's always fun to find something like that when you don't expect it. Finding a "needle in the haystack" is more rewarding than bidding just below your cut-off to secure a coveted key date coin imo.

Happy hunting!

I found  searching thru circ. Jeffs for my whitman folder to be rewarding. I discovered a mint state 1969-S and an AU 1949 amongst all the well worn Jeffs. They're nothing special value-wise but it's always fun to find something like that when you don't expect it. Finding a "needle in the haystack" is more rewarding than bidding just below your cut-off to secure  a coveted key date coin imo.

Happy hunting!

I agree with you on that. I just finished my complete set of Jeffs. Most from circulation. It was fun.

My plan is to complete the series with coins that are at least MS62/PF62. Wish me luck. :ninja:

Good Luck. I've though about doing Jefferson's before as well. At least there's not much in the way of annoying key dates at x100 the cost of all the other coins (yeah I'm talking to you 1916-D). But maybe I'll try to get Erich into those, he does have his first set of Whitman albums.

Archived