CoinPeople.com

1916 Mercury Dime

Dads Stuff

OK, I am calling upon you to settle a dispute. Please look at this coin and give your opinion on who is right. Sis says no FSB, I say yes FSB. My other question is....will it grade high enough that FSB is an added value?

1916obvB101.JPG1919rev_B103.JPG

1916revB101.jpg

Thanks,

Linda

Dunno the exact spec for FSB as I don't go for them but they look pretty full and split to me from the pics. Only way to tell for sure would probably be a macro shot on each set of bands. My loupe doesn't work well on photos. :ninja:

The bands look good in the photo but there's not enough detail to call it correctly. I'm not a Merc person and wouldn't be into the FSB thing if I was. There's such demand for these that you have to be absolutely sure.

The coin looks MS60 maybe 62 but the obv has a flatness to it. Could be the photo lighting angle or it's been dipped or?

My safest guess -- AU55 maybe cleaned maybe FSB .. certainly worth seeing in person for any serious Merc collector.

The new reverse image has the same "maybe cleaned" look that the obv has, so I'm guessing it's the lighting that's causing the flat over shiney condition.

The first thing I thought when looking at the pics was "cleaned." I think its FSB but the point is moot if the coin is indeed cleaned.

Archived