CoinPeople.com

Olympic fever?

Sir Sisu

Not sure if it was a one-off thing or not, but I just won a couple of coins on eBay that I was sure would go higher. On one I was the only person who bid. I have purchased from this seller before (with most bids happening near closing), and he has had some really good stuff so I am sure that people have followed his sales. Do you think it is possible that the Olympics (in this case, but substitute it with Superbowl or any other major brodacasting event) may actually draw people away or at the least make some folks forget about items they would normally follow on such on-line auction sites?

There has been a lot of talk this year about how the Olympics are very much a non-event in the US this year. No one is really talking about it or excited about it.

So, from a US standpoint, I don't know how much it would affect Ebay but on a World standpoint, I would not doubt it.

The drama. The judges. The crashes. The stars. They both have them. But with some disappointing performances from Team USA, the Olympics are losing the ratings gold to 'American Idol.' Yes, 'American Idol.' The singing contest drew 27 million viewers Tuesday night -- 11 million more than the most legendary sports competition in the world.

There has been a lot of talk this year about how the Olympics are very much a non-event in the US this year. No one is really talking about it or excited about it.

So, from a US standpoint, I don't know how much it would affect Ebay but on a World standpoint, I would not doubt it.

Well, they were darkside coins, so... :ninja:

There really aren't "American" sports going on like the summer games. Basketball, baseball, etc. So of course the winter olympics will be lower.......that and people don't want to even look at snow!

There really aren't "American" sports going on like the summer games. Basketball, baseball, etc. So of course the winter olympics will be lower.......that and people don't want to even look at snow!

I want to look at snow. I wish as a matter of fact we would have gotten some this year. :ninja:

A majority of sane American's want summer.  :ninja:

Glad I don't belong to that group. Hit 75 this afternoon and I was ready to pack it out of town and find some snow.

A few of the olympic folks are from Tiffibunny's neck of the woods. How's the local spirit up there?

Hit 75 this afternoon

I hope it stays that way for the 500 on Sunday. You've had way too much rain the past week.

I saw some curling, most God awful sport I've ever seen.Lindsey Jacobellis tried to "Style" before the finish line,could have crawled in.She fell and finished 2nd what a fool.

Archived