CoinPeople.com

Fancy Banknote numbers?

gxseries

The coolest serial number I have had on a euro note so far was one that started with "V0000". (Got that €5 bill about four months ago; I participate in EBT, some kind of European Where's George, but don't enter many notes, nor do I check all my notes.) My best find however was a mini-series of three €50 notes with consecutive serial numbers that I got in May. From an ATM and not "in the wild" :ninja: but still neat.

One problem with finding cool numbers on euro notes is that the last digit is not actually part of the serial number but a checksum. So something like Z11111111111 will not be possible. Also, there seems to be a correlation between the printer code and the serial number. On Austrian euro notes for example, the last two elements of the printer code correspond to the first two digits of the serial number. France has a similar system, and I assume others do too ...

Christian

One problem with finding cool numbers on euro notes is that the last digit is not actually part of the serial number but a checksum. So something like Z11111111111 will not be possible. Also, there seems to be a correlation between the printer code and the serial number. On Austrian euro notes for example, the last two elements of the printer code correspond to the first two digits of the serial number. France has a similar system, and I assume others do too ...

Christian

I agree it is extremely difficult on Euros. If my calculations are correct, then only German Euro notes can have the number X11111111111. And if I remember correctly, Ireland and one other country can have 22222222222.

If my calculations are correct, then only German Euro notes can have the number X11111111111.

Right. For "2s only" notes there are two possibilities, I think: Portugal (M) and Spain (V). But I am not sure about that ...

Christian

• 5 months later...

Hi, I am new here. I collect world solid number banknotes such 555555 and 888888. I am looking to share my experiences with fellow world collectors. Thanks to one of the forumer here who suggested starting the collection of world solid number banknotes. So far, I have more than 34 countries with solid number 555555 after an almost two-years collecting. If you have any 555555 and 888888 from any countries for sales or exchange, I would like to hear from you. Meanwhile, share your views on this interesting topic of banknotes specialization on solid numbers. Yes, Singapore auctioned their solid number or fancy number banknotes through the Mavin Auction. Mavin International is a privately owned auction house which is given the authority to auction out Singapore solid number banknotes. Today, we just ended our Mavin auction. In fact, you can bid to win in ebay. All items in the Mavin auction are listed in ebay as live auction where the actual public auction are happening and ebay bidders can also participate in the auction. I have also just created a slide show of some of my banknotes collection. Here is the link : CollectionSwitch on your speakers and Enjoy..Derrick

Thanks Brett. I am still doing a snail paced effort to do up my website. Thanks for your help in searching for straight numbered world notes. I really appreciate. Meanwhile, regret that I did not come into this forum earlier. I see great participation among world collectors in this wonderful forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brett and AKDRV,

I have revised my Straits Settlements and Malaya Collection flash show. Click on the image (or thumbnail) below on "Kings and Queens" under my signature if you have not seen it. It takes a while to load as it is a big file. Speakers on...enjoy. :ninja:

• 5 months later...
I collect banknotes with exactly all 1's in their serial numbers (11111111), and I managed to "find" over a hundred of these from around 50 different countries/issuing authorities.

It is actually not extremely difficult to purchase banknotes with this type of numbers from many countries. If the demand of collectors from a country is high enough, then these notes will almost always be kept by the bank employees or even by the issuing department (for auction sale).

By the way, if anyone has any 1111111 notes for sale I would be glad to be informed.

I have 7 7s in a one dollar US fancy number lucky sevens for sale,