CoinPeople.com

Dominion of Canada 25c notes

SlavicScott

Not sure if this should be moved to the Banknote forum, but I thought I would put it here to start with.

Finally got around to scanning these and getting them up on BnB. Without a Pick catalog, my reference numbers are based on the few samples on Ron Wise's site, and also from eBay listings. If there are any omissions or errors, please advise so that I can correct them.

898897A.jpg

1900 issue (dated Jan. 2nd, 1900)

signature: T.C. Boville

printed by: American Bank Note Company, Ottawa

898898A.jpg

1923 issue (dated July 2d, 1923)

signatures: G.W. Hyndman - J.C. Saunders

printed by: Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited

"AUTHORIZED BY R.S.C. CAP. 31"

898899A.jpg

signatures: G.W. Hyndman - J.C. Saunders

898900A.jpg

signatures: S.P. McCavour - J.C. Saunders

898901A.jpg

signatures: C.E. Campbell - W.C. Clark

These are note in the greatest of shape, but I feel the wear and tear on them gives them "character". There are 2 more signatures for the 1900 series (J.M. Courtney & J.C. Saunders), which I hope to eventually add, if I can find an affordable (aka worn!) example.

These are wonderul. I had some of these when I collected Canadian Large Cents when I was a kid. (Yes, Canada had been invented when I was a kid! :ninja:)

• 6 months later...
Guest Aidan Work

The knackered 1900 ones often turn up over here in New Zealand.I've been offered a few,but the dealers want too much for them.I finally got sent a nice 1900 & a nice 1923 from a dealer in Portage la Prairie,Manitoba,who sent them to me as a gift along with a 1947C Newfoundland 1c. I bought for C$5.It was an odd $5 Canadian I came across,so I offloaded it to get it.I've never seen any of the 1870's.

Aidan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived