CoinPeople.com

Keep searching those Wheat bags!

I was the very happy reciever of 2000 wheats from a dear friend of mine. He purchased these cents from one of our local dealers. Well, on my initial run through (which I check the key years for varieties (ie.- 1944,1956,1951,1952,1942,1943, & 1955). I was taken aback by a LOVELY 1944-D OMM#1 (Over mintmark #1). And for those that aren't familiar with this variety, it is the one that is listed in the red book, as well as SEVERAL other publications.

I will try and include a like to my image, but since I am at work, might not be an easy task. Work has been breaking down on the ports on our PCs here lately. LOL

But still though, I never would have ever imagined finding one of these guys anymore, since it has been so popularized (sp?). But low and behold.....I found one...Keep your eyes peeled! And for those that follow my auctions, yes it is the very same one that I am selling now on ebay. Mainly because I have a solid XF copy in my collection as we speak....and always on the search for the ellusive BU version of it. :ninja:

e-141d.jpg

Nice find. I just searched about 30 dollars of wheaties and found about 5 that I had needed for my book. Nothing really outstanding though.

I still have 2 bowls to search.  ;)

I have about 70,000 of the stupid things takin' up space in my garage.

I had no idea there were valuable varieties of Wheaties :ninja: Guess I'd better get busy.

Well, I seemed to have struck again. LOL I purchased 5 rolls of wheats from the other coin dealer here in town. Paid 4 cents a piece for them, but, hehehe I am now a proud owner of a 1944-D OMM#2 (Over MintMark #2), which may be listed in the red book, but I do know that Coin World prices lists it. :ninja: OMM#2 looks like the avatar that I use on here. the one I dug out of the batch should grade a solid Fine, and may even go VF. ;) WooHoo..... Now if I can only do this with dealer stock in UNC/BU at a show..... Maybe this spring......maybe.....;)

Archived