CoinPeople.com

Presidential Dollars

Art

I was reading an article in CoinWorld about the dollars. I hadn't realized that they would be issued in order, starting with Washington. There's also the question of what they do when they get to the first President who doesn't match the qualifications, specifically the having been dead two years thing. Then there's the question of First Ladies. According to the article the First Lady gold is issued at the same time as the Presidential dollar. So what happens if the First Lady is still alive?

This is not politically motivated commentary on his administration, but they even managed to capture his dorky look.  Like the guy or not, he looks dorky a lot.

Actually I think the hobo nickel makes him look less dorky than usual. I love the guy but yeah, he should grow a beard or something to hide the "dorky" smirk he seems to have all the time.

Actually I think the hobo nickel makes him look less dorky than usual.  I love the guy but yeah, he should grow a beard or something to hide the "dorky" smirk he seems to have all the time.

Then there was Al Gore(inventor of the internet), who actually did grow a beard(did he think he would look Lincolnesque or what?) and looked remarkably more dorky.

One thing I still can't figure out about this program is why they chose gold for the First Ladies' coins rather then clad or silver half dollars.

I'm sure many more people would get half dollars rather then gold coins.

One thing I still can't figure out about this program is why they chose gold for the First Ladies' coins rather then clad or silver half dollars.

I'm sure many more people would get half dollars rather then gold coins.

They will be done as bronze medals for us poor folk.

I was reading an article in CoinWorld about the dollars. I hadn't realized that they would be issued in order, starting with Washington. There's also the question of what they do when they get to the first President who doesn't match the qualifications, specifically the having been dead two years thing. Then there's the question of First Ladies. According to the article the First Lady gold is issued at the same time as the Presidential dollar. So what happens if the First Lady is still alive?

I've been saying this right along. How will the companies like Dansco handle the last page when its open ended like this.

The law says nothing about living first ladies so one would assume that they would be on the coins. Just think, Nancy Reagan was so dead set against Ron being put on the dime but she could end up on a $5 gold coin while she's living.

Guest Stujoe
Like the guy or not, he looks dorky a lot.

It gives us dorky looking guys a lot of hope, though. ;) And, if you have ever looked over all the biographies on the Presidents, we are in for a lot of dorky looking dollars...not to mention the First Lady coins! :ninja:

As for the original topic, I am not sure what they will end up doing for some of these situations. It does present some interesting scenarios, though. The whole program dois a little odd really. Will there be an addon legislation if a president dies a few years after the program ends? How about a first lady?

It gives us dorky looking guys a lot of hope, though. ;) And, if you have ever looked over all the biographies on the Presidents, we are in for a lot of dorky looking dollars...not to mention the First Lady coins! :ninja:

As for the original topic, I am not sure what they will end up doing for some of these situations. It does present some interesting scenarios, though. The whole program dois a little odd really. Will there be an addon legislation if a president dies a few years after the program ends? How about a first lady?

The US Mint will even manage to make Jacqueline Kennedy look ugly I imagine.

Too bad we don't just elect Cindy Crawford or Mariya Sharapova president then the US mint would sell coins like no tomorrow.

Archived