CoinPeople.com

Taking pics of coins

Dads Stuff

I have been trying all week to learn this skill. I am making progress, buy I am having trouble with the coins having a pinkish cast to them. I can't seem to edit it out without making the coin look dull. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Linda

PS... I am using a Kodak Easy Share. And using LOTS of batteries. Titanium. I usually use 2 batteries every 4 hours. Is this normal?

You shouldn't be going through batteries that fast. I have a kodak camera and I rarely have to change the battery. As for the pinkish cast to them, could you post a pic to show us. It might be something with your monitor or it could be the camera. But a pic would help.

Does your camera have the Macro feature?

I don't know, but I looked in the index and it didn't reference macro. It does have different settings for different activities and also has a setting for subjects closer than 28".

Yeah no crap. I'm getting rechargable batteries when these dollar store brand run out.

Shoot everytime I buy batteries at the dollar store....they dont even have enough power in them to turn our camera on. Rechargeable are definitly the way to go.

When my mom gave me my digicam for my birthday she gave me some Energizer E3s. Those things lasted at least a month per pair and that was shooting pictures every day with the LCD screen. Ive used regular energizers and they maybe last me a day... if I dont use the LCD screen.

-Bobby

I have a Kodak easy share, whats the numbers on your camera? If its the same as mine I can tell you how to use the macro. I use Lithium batteries and they last for a long time.

The camera is a Kodak EasyShare C340. I called the camera shop and they said no way it should go through batteries that quickly, may be a defective camera. I plan on taking it back this afternoon. I have already traded this model in once in the past 2 weeks. 2 bad cameras in a 2 week period???? Maybe is the camera or maybe its the operator. I was wanting a camera that was easy to use and this is certainly that, but maybe it's not the correct one.

Thanks.

Linda

The camera is a Kodak EasyShare C340.  I called the camera shop and they said no way it should go through batteries that quickly, may be a defective camera.  I plan on taking it back this afternoon.  I have already traded this model in once in the past 2 weeks.  2 bad cameras in a 2 week period????  Maybe is the camera or maybe its the operator.  I was wanting a camera that was easy to use and this is certainly that, but maybe it's not the correct one.

Thanks.

Linda

The one I have is cx7430 and takes good pics if my hands are steady :ninja:, good luck with the camera. ;)

I have a Canon Powershot A95, requires 4 AA penlight batteries.

I have two sets of rechargable ones, one set is 2000 mAh, the other is 2500 mAh. The camera came with a set of Alkaline batteries, those were drained in only a few hours :ninja:

I think the PowerShot A95 is a very convenient camera, easy to use.

Yeh, definite agreement with the Ni-MH cells. These guys, however, are not going to keep a charge like you expect from an alkaline cell. I mean in the absence of use. If I charge a set up and don't use them, they will not keep a charge on the shelf for a month.

I have settled on using two sets of rechargables. Still, for coin work and whenever conveniant, I use the cam with an AC adapter.

Archived