CoinPeople.com

Metal Detecting!

2coins

Time...It just takes time to understand what the machine is telling you. I tell people to take a new detector to woodchip playgrounds. Your not gonna find old coins but there will be lots of targets and you can learn what signal is a penny, nickel, dime, pulltab, etc. Learn the machine without digging holes.

As for the price. I started with a Wally World machine. cost under $100 and paid for itself in no time. Simple machine, not a lot of depth.

I next upgraded to a Garrett. Cost about $239. Great coin shooter paid for itself in 1 year.

My third machine is a Tesoro DeLeon. Also a great coin shooter with better depth than the others. This one ran me $479.

You can go and spend thousands on detectors but you must be willing to spend the time to learn.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, As the others said so much better explaining,Yes, practice with differant coins on the ground and your gold ring, understand the signals of each and bury some for depth reading,(Dont wear any metal objects) in the field or under power lines!!this will give-off false readings. I carry some coins in my pocket to keep testing my machine time to time out in the field.Your swing is most important!!keep it on top of the grass as best as possible and headphones are great for real deep signals. I personaly have whiped fellas out in the field with my Ole meter (Whites 6000 DI pro) against there new fangled computer ones that cost more!!Also, the metal detecting crowd can be very intimidating!!I use to dig old priveys in old down town Augusta Ga. and those boys would come up right on you and your diggings!!I know!, An old Fart was on top of my pile of dirt and found a confederate infantry button!! and I had to runem off with my shovel!!they will slip in on your spot when your gone!! even when I had permission and they didnt! Cutthrout group of guys around, so I dont say much to folks about what I find anymore, Guess why?? :ninja:

Awwwwwww Kat  :ninja:  I think it would be fun...Im all about it. You can come visit us Kat and we can go detecting together....that is if I can get one for Bob. Oh and btw thanks for the info....thats awesome help......coin detector.....got it.

;)

<little bird flys over to Cheryls shoulder>"Metal detector... not coin detector/shooter. There are there metal things that can be found other than coins ;) </little bird>

:ninja:

:ninja: to help...

There is a total attachment limit. Click on " My Controls" at the top of the page then on "Manage Your Attachments" in the left collum. This will give you your attachment status ;)

Can anyone share noncoin items they have found while out detectin'?

-Bobby

All we get in the UK are coins from Celtic origins to present day.....Including all those Hammered....Boring :ninja:;);)

Ok, Someone asked about something " differant" than coins to metal detect, Boy I have something for you!!!!!!it is Very RARE,magnetic,and yes you need a metal detector to find it most of the time, They are around but very elusive!!and BIG BUCKS when on the market place, even NASA will buy them from you! and others. Are you ready??????????

hold tight!

///////

;;;;;;;; Ok, here it is........Next.

Im all about coin shootin' but every now and then you can't help but find something else.

gallery_62_18_689.jpg

LOOK SUGARCHERYL!!! Maybe the Ninja can FIND you a sparkly! :ninja:

All we get in the UK are coins from Celtic origins to present day.....Including all those Hammered....Boring :ninja:  ;)  ;)

Uh, any time you feel like dumpin' those things...:lol:

Archived