CoinPeople.com

Elizabeth era (1757-62) Polushka - are they hard to obtain???

gxseries

That's a pretty tough type coin :yes: Only the 1757 is seen every now and then, but it's always fake.

Wolmar 2012 catalog quotes:

1757 VF $40, XF $300,

1758 VF $60, XF $400,

1759 VF $50, XF $350.

No later dates.

Sigi

-

That's a pretty tough type coin :yes: Only the 1757 is seen every now and then, but it's always fake.

Wolmar 2012 catalog quotes:

1757 VF $40, XF $300,

1758 VF $60, XF $400,

1759 VF $50, XF $350.

No later dates.

Sigi

-

\Would love to buy XF at those prices. Sadly, still looking for XF or better...

Basok definitely seems to have one. But the price... ouch. That said, he does have some Soviet coins that I have been wanting for quite a while.

Also off-topic - some Russian coin prices seem to have fallen down for instance Peter I polushka coins and Paul I coins in nice XF condition - they seem to have become more affordable compared to the past couple of years. Most other coins have generally risen in prices.

Tried to look for an example for my collection but they seem to be really uncommon? I'm sure someone here would have an example floating around... :)

I will be listed polushka in couple days @ ebay in condition good/fine without reserve .If you interesting please let me know and I will send you update.

Rarenum.

The Elisabeth’s Polushkas especially of 1757-58 can rather often be found at the Russian market. Though its’ condition is VG-VF in almost all of the cases. Now-a-days there are many of them dug out in Russia. Talking about the coins in XF condition and higher they are comparable in rarity with Peter’s the Great Polushkas in the same condition.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just picked this one up on ebay... for only 30 USD i figure i could complete my elizabeth copper types... not bad imho, considering its the first coin ive bought in a LONG time :yes:

Congratulations, белка! :clapping:

Are all of these coins on OmniCoin now?

• 1 month later...
Found an example: 1014156.jpg Couldn't complain. :)
This is a really nice one, in "cabinet" patina... Nice find! Congrats!!!

The only one I could find on eBay now is this one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1760-ORIGINAL-COPPER-COIN-1-4-KOPECK-POLUSHKA-IMPERIAL-TSARIST-RUSSIA-/221129435737?pt=US_World_Coins