CoinPeople.com

Not centered notes

MauMauNotes

what is your opinion about them ?

do you love or hate them ?

do you consider them a mistake (to kick away) or a welcomed item into your collection ?

i bought online this note, 1 year ago (bundles never tell you what you are getting)

when i got it, i was slightly disappointed

926359A.jpg

want to show your uncentered notes ? and share your feelings :)

I have several "un-centered" US notes in my collection. I don't think much about them either way. They're just another part of the production process.

I love the ones that are significantly off-centered but not the ones that are slightly. Why? Because I want a nice representative of the design/date for my collection and I will notice if it's not well-centered. Whereas a significantly off-centered one indicates that the production process failed.

I guess I'm in between Art and TheDeadPoint on this one. I don't mind them too much, but if given the choice between one that's well centered and one that's slightly off, then I'd take the well centered one. Those that are significantly off center I try to avoid, though I understand their appeal, it just isn't a big draw for me.

hmm,

maybe my question needs to be tweaked :D

i think i am not that extremist too (anti-uncentered) however

IF you are paying for a UNC-100% centered beauty, and u expect the perfection, and it's sold as the perfection

and then you get it totally off, then it's like getting something you didnt expect

but if you are going for UNCENTERED notes, OR, if you are getting it casually (?) you totally welcome it

in my case, it happened expecting a perfect note, there comes the disappointment.

I'm with tdp.

I the design is nicely centered, it's a nice note.

If it's off center, but the design is still on the note, it's not very desirable. If I received the note shown I would also be dissapointed.

Off center significantly enough that the note includes the design of most of one note and part of another: an interesting error!

Same applies with stamps and most other paper collectibles.

One factor I notice with a lot of German 1922-3 and notes from several countries during WWII is that off centre notes etc are common. I have a Greek 2 million drachma note from WWII that has a double error, off center and a printed over crease in the note. Frankly they were printed during duress and quality slipped a bit.

If I can choose between well centered and off centre note, then I'll choose the first one.

But if the note that I need is off centre, then the price and availability of the note are major factors: if the note is a common one (read: cheap), then I'll probably pass on it. But if the note is a scarce one, and the price is good, then centering of the note is not an issue.

Archived