CoinPeople.com

Site failures

I've had a lot of trouble connecting to the site and opening forums and threads over the last few days. The site locks and then goes away and I get a "server not found" message. This is the only site that's doing it so it's not my internet or computer. HELP!!!

I'm hoping that Anton can get the server reset or whatever is needed before PCI2011 is supposed to start. It's a disaster trying to post on the site today.

The server is having problems. It's not a good sign and I'm concerned.

Also noticed that most of the cent stuff is gone from the virtual museum. Half cents, large cents, ihcs?

Grr... I shouldn't have posted in the facebook group. THat's how it became a Fan Page, got taken over, and how this site got slowed down...

All in the name of PCI.

I doubt it has anything to do with the Facebook page. The server is just having trouble. Could be running out of space or cycles or suffering from hardware malfunctions. If it's a shared server it could simply be overloaded and failing to respond in a timely manner.

• 2 weeks later...

The server is having problems. It's not a good sign and I'm concerned.

Also noticed that most of the cent stuff is gone from the virtual museum. Half cents, large cents, ihcs?

That stuff got moved out to the Copper Forum a long time back (when I was still posting regularly). At some point, the copper forum apparently got lumped into some Numismatic Resources catch-all area.

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?/forum/16-numismatic-resources/

That stuff got moved out to the Copper Forum a long time back (when I was still posting regularly). At some point, the copper forum apparently got lumped into some Numismatic Resources catch-all area.

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?/forum/16-numismatic-resources/

I added one in, have some others that may or may not be imaged that I can add later.

• 2 months later...

I'm kind of a early riser and seem to be getting short outages from 5:00 am to around 6:00 am cst. Nothing real long maybe 10 minutes or less. Don't know if its some kind of scheduled maintenance or what.

I notice that one out of every twenty or so posts I submit it doesn't go through and just returns me to a blank 'Fast Reply'. Is there a flood control here or is it just something my end?

I suspect the web server is getting its morning coffee at that time. :)

There shouldn't be any downtime even at coffee time. Is it completely inaccessible, or just time out on some pages?

It been completely in accessible. It's hasn't been every morning, just a few. I have not had it happen since I posted the other day. But would get it maybe once or twice a week.

Archived