CoinPeople.com

Baldwin's auction May 4, 5 & 6 2010, - finally !!

one-kuna

sixbid.com

Finally, was a long wait :ninja:

St.James auction in association with Baldwin's action May 6 2010

Russian lots - 65 under Foreign section plus 59 lots separate, no pics so far on sixbid.com

Thank you, one-kuna ... very attractive collection of early roubles! :ninja:

Yes, thank you, one-kuna, there is one in it to drool about...

In turn I post Oslo Mynthandel's sale with a nice range of Russian coins. Sigi

sixbid.com

Finally, was a long wait ;)

you are welcome all ;)

I almost missed that Baldwins (St. James) has another auction

the following day May 6 with more desirable RUSSIAN COINAGE - be ready :ninja:

you are welcome all ;)

I almost missed that Baldwins (St. James) has another auction

the following day May 6 with more desirable RUSSIAN COINAGE - be ready :ninja:

Where did you find that? In sixbid I see only auctions # 64 (4th May) and # 65 with Russian coins (4-5th May) - that should be auction # 66 then? It is not in sixbid.

Could you post link? Thank you, Sigi

Where did you find that? In sixbid I see only auctions # 64 (4th May) and # 65 with Russian coins (4-5th May) - that should be auction # 66 then? It is not in sixbid.

Could you post link? Thank you, Sigi

it is not posted yet :ninja:

I was also impatiently awaiting the images for the upcoming Baldwin's auction.

There are some very nice coins there, but next time I will keep my expectations lower. ;)

Are you disappointed by this offering? ;) I can see several coins I would be thrilled to own. :ninja:

... you must already have 1762 1 Kopek Peter III? :ninja:

squirrel, You probably wanted to quote me, not Sigi.

No, I do not own a 1762 1 kopek. Would love to have one. Not at this price though.

Since we are on the subject:

This was about 5-6 years ago at the New York coin show. They have this professional preview on Thursday before the show starts at $100 per person. I do not go to those any more, since there is nothing there to find anyway, but back then there were ocasional finds. The preveiw starts at 2p.m. (I think) and ends at 6 p.m. So we all wonder around looking for stuff. At around 5 p.m. a friend of mine shows up and pays $100 for the one hour remaining of the preview.

Few minutes after that I see him running like crazy towards me. He starts hugging an kissing me and gives me an impression that he totally lost his mind. Then he shows me 1762 1 kopek of Peter III that he just bought from the dealer Richard Margolis who happened to also be late for the show and was just putting out his inventory. Mr. Margolis was in posession of this coin for a few decades and for some reason decided to sell it on that day. The price was $3000.

squirrel, You probably wanted to quote me, not Sigi.

No, I do not own a 1762 1 kopek. Would love to have one. Not at this price though.

Since we are on the subject:

This was about 5-6 years ago at the New York coin show. They have this professional preview on Thursday before the show starts at $100 per person. I do not go to those any more, since there is nothing there to find anyway, but back then there were ocasional finds. The preveiw starts at 2p.m. (I think) and ends at 6 p.m. So we all wonder around looking for stuff. At around 5 p.m. a friend of mine shows up and pays $100 for the one hour remaining of the preview.

Few minutes after that I see him running like crazy towards me. He starts hugging an kissing me and gives me an impression that he totally lost his mind. Then he shows me 1762 1 kopek of Peter III that he just bought from the dealer Richard Margolis who happened to also be late for the show and was just putting out his inventory. Mr. Margolis was in posession of this coins for a few decades and for some reason decided to sell it on that day. The price was $3000.

Great story!

misquote edited, apologies, :ninja:

It is not that I am disappointed with it and I also would be thrilled to own a few. I guess I was just dreaming a little dream.... :ninja:

I think I understand.

For me, that dream is that it is 1985 again and all kinds of wonderful coins are going begging for buyers and I am young and have nothing else to blow my money on... ;)

I think I understand.

For me, that dream is that it is 1985 again and all kinds of wonderful coins are going begging for buyers and I am young and have nothing else to blow my money on... :ninja:

That's a lovely dream. Can I join? ;)

With what is happening today, and my relatively limited budget, the coins I can afford are few and far between. ;)

... you must already have 1762 1 Kopek Peter III? :ninja:

the reason I have not mentioned this kopek above is that it costs a lot of money,

and I wish to a future winner of it make very comprehensive research on it;

my look to GM number 11 and 12 came with no match verdict ;)

sixbid.com

Finally, was a long wait :ninja:

Russian lots - 65 under Foreign section plus 59 lots separate, no pics so far on sixbid.com

double checked with IgorS by numbers - all coins should appear in printed catalog by sequence and all Russian along

however the way posted on sixbid is different and can be of technical difficulties the firm experience with :ninja:

Continuation of the story - the coin in Baldwin's auction is the coin from Richard Margolis.

Collectors are not what they used to be ;)

that was a serios decision to buy such rotten coin even 4 three grands :ninja:

Guys, the pictures are available for St.James auction !!!

in coming St.James auction, in foreign selection where russian coinage is -

coins are much rare and classics than in Montville collection :ninja:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived