CoinPeople.com

New to forum, intermediate collector

Howdy all-

I'm new to the forum, have been collecting off an on all my life, at least since I was knee-high to a grasshopper.

Just got back into it seriously about 3 years ago, had taken a ~15 year hiatus (got married).

I enjoy world coins with a focus on British empire, pre-decimal issues.

I'll be posting seeking information regarding some issues that Krause has listed in their catalogues, but there are no pictures to illustrate what differentiates the varieties from the regular issues.

Thanks in advance to any and all who wish to chime in with answers to my questions. I'll contribute to the board when I think I have something intelligent to offer / add, or when I have a confirmed answer to a question.

Chasing Monarchs :ninja:

A very warm welcome to you Chasing Monarchs! :ninja:

I am sure that you will enjoy this forum as it is full of great people.

Hello and welcome to CoinPeople. I hope that you enjoy it here. I think we have quite a few collectors of British pre-decimal coins.

Howdy all -

Thanks for the warm welcome.

bill - LOL, thanks - not British, but I do come from British stock several generations back. I enjoy my friendships with the Brits I know, though, and with any luck I hope to befriend more through this forum.

Hey there thedeadpoint - I'm from NC.

I started in on world / British empire issues after I decided that the completion of some of the classic US series in decent grades (Fine or better) are simply "mission impossible" from a cost standpoint.

So far, I've completed a set of Barber dimes in VG or better (I noticed you have some Barber dimes posted in your gallery, I reckon I'll give that a try some time and upload some pictures), I'm working on getting it to Fine or better. I'm also lacking 10 coins of having a set of FE / IHCs (1857-1909) in XF or better.

My biggest dilemna (once I get the scratch together, that is): do I go for the 1877 IHC in AU, or a 1935 New Zealand Waitangi Crown? :ninja:

Alrighty - time for supper!

Hey there thedeadpoint - I'm from NC.

I started in on world / British empire issues after I decided that the completion of some of the classic US series in decent grades (Fine or better) are simply "mission impossible" from a cost standpoint.

So far, I've completed a set of Barber dimes in VG or better (I noticed you have some Barber dimes posted in your gallery, I reckon I'll give that a try some time and upload some pictures), I'm working on getting it to Fine or better. I'm also lacking 10 coins of having a set of FE / IHCs (1857-1909) in XF or better.

My biggest dilemna (once I get the scratch together, that is): do I go for the 1877 IHC in AU, or a 1935 New Zealand Waitangi Crown? ;)

:ninja: I'm from the great commonwealth north of you!

I'm also slowwwwwly working on the same Barber dime set but in XF+. I can't find ANY in that grade or AU. Only Unc or VF and lower.. Good luck with your US sets.

Archived