CoinPeople.com

Why were these coins so cheap?

janneen

Low feedback, and without examining those coins in hand, because there are many many fakes, I would avoid them like the plague. I went to a coin fair in Donets'k Ukraine the other day and saw tonnes of fakes. The stuff that was real was worn to the point of not being collectable anymore, or had serious PVC damage from older plastic holders.

Why were these coins so cheap? I tried to make a bid, but euopean buyers were not allowed (the seller was in europe).

Janne

Where are you in Europe?

The seller says "We ship worldwide, except the following former Soviet republics: Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia (problems with customs could appear)" in the listing, so unless you are in one of those 4 places, then any other European destination should have been allowed.

The pictures are not good enough to be sure, but I wonder about authenticity and think you might be lucky to have had your bid refused.

Where are you in Europe?

The seller says "We ship worldwide, except the following former Soviet republics: Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia (problems with customs could appear)" in the listing, so unless you are in one of those 4 places, then any other European destination should have been allowed.

The pictures are not good enough to be sure, but I wonder about authenticity and think you might be lucky to have had your bid refused.

"Ships to" didn't include europe. Also bids were refused. Maybe to ensure the buyer is not close (Luxemburg).

"Ships to" didn't include europe. Also bids were refused. Maybe to ensure the buyer is not close (Luxemburg).

Ah, I missed that. "Ships to: N. and S. America, Asia, Australia" - all places far away from Luxemburg.

Your guess about motivation might well be correct. If the coins are fakes and the seller knows it, then it would make sense to minimize the chance that an angry buyer would come looking for him.

Why were these coins so cheap? I tried to make a bid, but euopean buyers were not allowed (the seller was in europe).

Link

Janne

if coins genuine - obvious shield bidding was involved - see bid history :ninja:

all coins for 1200$?

:ninja:;);)

Nice buy ;);):D

Except one little thing. Nobody is saying in the description of the lot that they are genuine one's. And if they are, I' m not 100% sure that I'm going to get them.

yes, Shill bidding, thank you for correcting it :ninja:

Archived