CoinPeople.com

Morgan...What say you?

Hard to say with the small pictures. (Little fuzzy too.) No apparent real wear.

Obverse seems to have a lot of chatter on the nose and cheek also the field in front of the nose was probably limiting. Reverse looks a lot cleaner. MS63

In the old days when some companies gave split grades the reverse looks like it would have made 65.

Heres a 63 of mine close to yours but it has too many hits on the face to make more then 63. Reverse looks great.

909639.jpg

Sticking with the 63 too much chatter. NGC and PCGS seem to drop points fast for anything on the face. If the same chatter was on the were on the reverse they seem to be more lenient.

Also wondering what is it on the reverse right eagle wing about even with the head? Or is it just a photo artifact.

Sticking with the 63 too much chatter. NGC and PCGS seem to drop points fast for anything on the face. If the same chatter was on the were on the reverse they seem to be more lenient.

Also wondering what is it on the reverse right eagle wing about even with the head? Or is it just a photo artifact.

Looks like wear and tear to me

Alrighty guys...Good job, I'd say MS63

Me and some of my coin buddies have discussed this coin in particular, and called it a 64...

You never know what you might get...

Grading is an opinion... :ninja:

One NGC grader might say 63, while two others say 64, and we all say 63... ;)

One thing too photo's and the light needed seem to show off any kind of hit on a coin.

Just wondering since no one said anything about it. How many people wondered about the coin I posted and spot on the obverse by the hair.

Takes away from the coin that is for sure...

What is the spot?

That actually adds to the coin. At least for error collectors. It does not add or subtract from the grade since its as from the mint. It's a strike thru mint error. Don't know for sure what was there but it is actually pretty deep at the black spot in the coin. It's probably a grease strike thru though one of the more common strike thru errors.

Archived