CoinPeople.com

Post your Roosevelt Dimes

thedeadpoint

Until the 2012's hit the streets, my Roosevelt Dimes Proof - PCGS set is 100% complete.

sig.jpg

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(I cannot seem to edit posts properly once I've added and image or link. The editor will not allow me to space below the image or to add text after it.)

Here's the link to my Roosevelt Dimes Proofs Registry on PCGS -- ranked 17th. out of some big number of sets. "The Duck's Roos".

http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/Composite.aspx?c=2026

Here's a really nice Roosevelt Dime from a US Mint set. The Mint Set coins have a Satin Finish from ???? until 2009. Then they stopped and went back to the normal circulation coin finish. I think the satin finish is quite attractive but frankly I'm glad that they dropped it. It just made another set of moderns that you have to get and then getting the circulation strikes is a real problem in higher grades.

6812077291_6746b10731_z.jpg

2009D 10C SMS SP68FB obv by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr

6812081301_f54f57e122_z.jpg

2009D 10C SMS SP68FB rev by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr

• 1 month later...

Added this pic to my flickr this morning.

6829926112_98296492dd_z.jpg

2001S 10C PF69UC stack2 by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr

On PF 69 coins, can you usually tell what kept it from PF70?

Not usually. I've had some where there was a pinpoint sized spot in the frosted field that was mirrored and I've assumed that was the culprit. Very hard to tell and frankly I'm not able to do so. I have some Roosevelts that are PF70 and I could not see anything beyond what I see on most PF69s.

wow. fascinating. i wonder how many could switch sides and the services wouldn't know.

BUT I'm certainly not a professional grader. Submitting items to upgrade has always been a way for people to make money. There are folks who have essentially made a career out of finding graded coins that they believe will up grade and resubmitting them. From what I understand they only need a small percentage of hits to make it well worthwhile. I think if you're messing with this kind of thing you'd better have a good stake and know what the heck you're doing. Not my cup of tea for sure.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I found a Roosevelt dime years ago as boy and held onto it because it was original and being a novice coin collector. I apologize that I currently don't have an image but will dig something up. I can't even give a date but it has "bubble" in the center. Not sure if it is actually a bubble but definitely causing a two sided bulge.