CoinPeople.com

Post your Roosevelt Dimes

thedeadpoint

Nice 90P. There's a nice article in this month's Numismatist about Roosevelt Dimes written by David Lange. Interesting quick read. He discusses a bit about why early clads with strong details are so very hard to find.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An interesting, but LONG article on the Roosevelt series: http://numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.js...;ArticleId=7090

I skimmed it. Interesting stuff (apparently, experts now think FDR did NOT have polio but another disease), but probably more interesting if I wasn't tired and ready for bed.

What a great website! Richard's Roosevelt Review

I'm definitely bringing my roosies downstairs to pair them up with the varieties listed on this website. Art, you may find it addicting.

So I was over on PCGS Registry today looking at some type sets to answer a question that had come up about content. I decided I wanted to look at the content of their Roosevelt Dime Registry sets. Couldn't do it because I didn't have any coins registered that might fit such a set. Put a few of my Roosevelt Proofs on my registry. Picked a set of Roosevelt Proofs 1950-date. I put in two dimes and whalla! My set is now ranked 46th. Ok these were PR69DCAM coins but only two coins and they're both 2006 proofs. I'm amazed.

So I grabbed two circulation Roosies and created a circulation set. OK, so now I'm even more amazed. Two coins out of the 135 needed to complete the set and guess what. My set is ranked 21st. If there's anyone that still thinks the Roosevelts aren't a drastically underappreciated set, this should help to change that position. I can only guess where my sets will fall if I put the rest of my PCGS Roos's online.

Here's a link to my sets.

Art's PCGS Registry Sets - Roosevelt Dimes

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm.. I bet I could get top 30 with my few dimes!

Very possible. My Circulation set is ranked 17th with only 9 out of 135 coins. The ranking system is funny though. It appears that you can add a coin and lose position if that coin doesn't score as high as the other coins in your set or some such thing.

• 4 weeks later...
:ninja: Amazing, HalfDollar. Why have you been hiding those lovelies from us all this time?

Thanks...........I sent them out to be imaged and he just finished today.

I need to send him my Franklin half Capital holder and let him get started on that one.

Anyone who needs imaging done................He's the guy, fair price and beautiful work!!

I got this from a Teletrade auction last week. It's the lowest mintage of the Roosevelt series but not considered a normal part of the collection by some people.

3926009748_69cd2474bb_o.jpg

I got this from a Teletrade auction last week. It's the lowest mintage of the Roosevelt series but not considered a normal part of the collection by some people.

3926009748_69cd2474bb_o.jpg

Can't see it. I bet its a west point issue? 1996-W?

• 1 month later...