CoinPeople.com

Hitler's Change Jar

Mo!

This will be hard to answer without pictures, but are german coins bearing an eagle holding a szwastika(I tried) rare or valuable?

A lot of these are quite valuable in unc condition. Some of the

scarcer issues are even worth a few hundred in XF. All of these

were probably pretty common but they are made in some "frag-

ile" metals that don't survive well in circulation or in allied bomb-

ing runs. They've had a very high attrition as well because until

recent years they were percieved as pretty common.

There's a lot of common junk and low grades don't have a lot of

value usually.

German coins from this era are much like any modern coins, some are very common and cheap, others are worth quite a bit and are rare...one cannot place a worth on them until it is known exactly what they are.

Is there a restriction about posting pictures with swastikas on them? I suspect not, there are plenty of regimes whose policies are/were repugnant and nevertheless the coinage is collected.

Without pictures it would be very difficult for the experts on this forum (I am not one of them) to offer an opinion on specific coins.

If it is a world coin, and coins from this time period from Germany are still exactly that, world coins...then I dont see why one shouldnt be able to post the images...without the specifics...one could not fathom a guess as to value.

No and no.

ooch!

As for everybody else: Thank you for you answers. I'll try to get some pictures on via my friends scanner.

P.S. No ban on swashtikamiggerthingy pictures, I just don't have a good enough camera.

most are made of zinc... which oxidizes horribly and is not desirable..

possibly the higher denominations might be worth a bit

Well, mine arent THAT bad looking...

here is my German coin from 1939 it's been cleaned, but still a nice coin it's made of aluminum-Bronze

960445.jpg

I have one of those.

Why is cleaning frowned upon? Most of my silvers have some dirt that tomato juice would fix instantly, let alone an actual coin-cleaning solution.

For a collector it is seen as removing the natural patina of a coin therby reducing it's value. Harsh cleaning can also result in the surface of a coin been damaged :ninja: Yep coins even though they are made from metal can be damaged and sometimes rather badly.

Is there a restriction about posting pictures with swastikas on them? I suspect not, there are plenty of regimes whose policies are/were repugnant and nevertheless the coinage is collected.

Without pictures it would be very difficult for the experts on this forum (I am not one of them) to offer an opinion on specific coins.

If there was such a restriction, then there would have to also be one about the Confederate money. You know about that war don't you? Of course Japan money, Italian Money since they too were with Hitler. Then there is the problem with that Ceasar Guy. He was always at war so can't show his money either. You could probably find out more about this but you would have to press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, etc. :ninja:

Archived