CoinPeople.com

'63 DCAM Washer goes for .25

16d

Guest Stujoe

Ahhhh. An internet forum auction with labeled as FS: that lasted from 10pm until 2pm the next day. Late Monday night until early Tuesday afternoon! I wonder what Jason was thinking! :ninja:

A little off-topic but how long does it take to get activated over at CU? There is a coin lot I want to buy but it has been almost 24 hours and no activation (yes I did join but can't post).

Thanks

It's me, Craton (Jason Craton), the guy from over at CU that "auctioned" the coin off for a quarter. What happened was that I wanted to do something a bit different over there. Most of the posts on the buy sell trade list are for ebay auctions. I don't mind the auction posts at all but there are a lot of people over there that whine about it. So, I decided to do an auction style post over there and all I had were two interested folks. One guy bid 2 bucks but I specificly said that I would only take paypal. The other only bidder bid 25 cents. I TTT'ed (To The Top) the post a few times over the next day and really had no interest by anyone so I ended it soon. I said that I'd end it when I felt like it and if you were interested, you'd better make an offer.

Come to find out the high bidder was a YN so I told him to keep his quarter and I asked him his interests. He was into Lincolns so I also sent him an off center Lincoln.

The next day I tried it again with some other coins ...... again, no takers!

I just wanted to prove a point to all of the whiners over on CU that without the ebay posts, there wouldn't be much action.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :ninja:

It's me, Craton (Jason Craton), the guy from over at CU that "auctioned" the coin off for a quarter. What happened was that I wanted to do something a bit different over there. Most of the posts on the buy sell trade list are for ebay auctions. I don't mind the auction posts at all but there are a lot of people over there that whine about it. So, I decided to do an auction style post over there and all I had were two interested folks. One guy bid 2 bucks but I specificly said that I would only take paypal. The other only bidder bid 25 cents. I TTT'ed (To The Top) the post a few times over the next day and really had no interest by anyone so I ended it soon. I said that I'd end it when I felt like it and if you were interested, you'd better make an offer.

Come to find out the high bidder was a YN so I told him to keep his quarter and I asked him his interests. He was into Lincolns so I also sent him an off center Lincoln.

I just wanted to prove a point to all of the whiners over on CU that without the ebay posts, there wouldn't be much action.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  ;)

Welcome aboard Craton. :ninja: Glad you can join us here, we have several RCC refugees hanging out here now.

Think north of Hadrian's wall and you will know me from another life ;)

Guest Stujoe

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  :ninja:

Hiya Jason! Sounds like a good story to me. Especially, the YN. Good on ya for sending him along an OC!

Archived